Help!!!!! One of my 2 month old CDT's just took a crap on me!!!

ls1pimp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NJM
It started with my left CDT woofer making a gurgling noise. I was about to send it in for service, when all of a sudden it stopped. Then all was well, but then my right speaker started doing it. Then today it turned into a crazy loud static noise, so loud it drowns out almost all music coming out of that speaker. And every few minutes it cuts out like 75%, so when i balance it only to that speaker, it sounds like a cellphone speaker. What the hell is wrong with this thing! My left speaker is fine btw.

oh god, you should take on a new hobby.

How in the **** is this my fault, I had a place install the speakers for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Why the hell do i have to have all of these problems.

wow, thanks, you guys are a real help. Well from my point of view, it seems that CDT is garbage if indeed my right speaker blew out already, so i guess i should spread the word.

wow, thanks, you guys are a real help. Well from my point of view, it seems that CDT is garbage if indeed my right speaker blew out already, so i guess i should spread the word.
Is that a threat? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Is that a threat? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

No, its just that from my point of view, CDT is complete crap if the speaker can't last 2 months set at a 100hz crossover without blowing out.

I think that CDT is the **** for lasting 2 months under your control.

how could i possibly have done anything wrong with it? I set the gain with a DMM, i don't listen to it loud, and the crossover is set more than high enough.

once again, it sounds like you clipped it to death. maybe even fried the xovers.
finger painting? you should have luck there!

how do i find out exactly whats wrong with it then?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.