Box cube question (going today to get it all setup)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Denial

Banned
York
I am going later today, finally.. been waiting a few weeks now to get the cash together to get my box built and everything.

I am getting a custom box made for my 92 camaro, its a 15" avalanche, that will be powered by an ED NINe.1, i am just DOUBLE checking here...

I am under the impression that i want the guy to build me this box with 2.35 cubes lightly stuffed with polly, for a total of 2.2 cubes net after driver displacement.

Is this correct?

Its going to be a sealed box, and tuned to 30-35 hz, i like to be the type of guy to walk into the store, and tell them what i want and not have them talk me into something i didnt really put much thought into...

This is going to be a local store, Tweeter, doing the instal, infact its one of Chads friends (from ascendant) that is doing the instal and giving me a really nice deal, small world it turns out, chad actually used to live about 10 minutes away from me when he was doing the enclosure buisness with his room mate.

But all this is beside the point, i plan on having the sub a bit slanted back towards the license plate, since the glass is slanted, i wanted to get some load off the glass, i figured that would give me a nice little boost there..

Whats everyone think?

Sorry to ramble on...

Its either sealed or ported. Don't say you wanted it sealed tuned to 30-35hz. just FYI.

Let us know how it sounds after the install and take some pics.

Its either sealed or ported. Don't say you wanted it sealed tuned to 30-35hz. just FYI.Let us know how it sounds after the install and take some pics.
you dont tune a sealed box. but you can tune a ported box.

Oh are you serious? LOL!

My buddy over at CAF.com (fryguy) told me i wanted it around 30-35 hz, and he knew it was going to be sealed, since he helped me along the way of the entire system basicly.

Now i feel pretty stupid...

But yes, what about the cubes, does that sound right?

Also will these guys set the gain and everything for me also?

Oh are you serious? LOL!My buddy over at CAF.com (fryguy) told me i wanted it around 30-35 hz, and he knew it was going to be sealed, since he helped me along the way of the entire system basicly.

Now i feel pretty stupid...

But yes, what about the cubes, does that sound right?

Also will these guys set the gain and everything for me also?
then your buddie dont know chit? cubes sound right, ask them to set gains for you its easy and takes no time.if you dont know how to do it yourself. but if your buddie said sealed and tuned? then i doubt if he knows how to set gains????

Im guessing he just got confused with who he was talking to, we didnt come up with the whole system in one convorsation, it was over the process of a couple months me decideing what i want and everything, i dont want to discredit a guy whos worked hard for his reputation over at another site this soon...

Im REAL glad i saw this before i went into the store though, trying to be a bigshot.. yeah give me a sealed box tuned to 30-35 hz! GIMMIE IT NOW!

Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.