Help On replacing Blown Mid-Bass

Participant count
  • Participant list

SPOOLEDCRXB18
10+ year member

Hawaii
Wassup guys, tried searching but its broke so figured id see if anyone could help. Got a set of JL XR 3-way set in my doors and the woofers "mysteriously" got blown while I left the car at my shop while I was on vacation. So now Im on the hunt for some reasonably priced replacemnts. Being powered by an Alpine M550, had em bridged but think it was too much power so lookin at something thatll shine with about 90-100w. I like a lot of midbass, which honestly these were lacking so would like to try something different. Even thinkin of addin another 6.5 to each door to get the sound I want. Listen to all genres from rap to rock to r&b to metal...any help is greatly appreciated:D

np if i had something along those lines id hook u up

but i quit doing mids only //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I have a replacement 6.5 JL XR midbass I can sell you...the people in the shop probably jacked your stereo into clipping and blew it...
yea, Im thinkin thats what happened....like I said I did have em bridged which is about250w, so you couldnt get knob happy...i left it there so the thing wouldnt get stolen and end up with this instead..lol

I really wanna try a different mid bass than the JL cuz I wasnt too happy with the bass output of em...**** the cheapy kenwood I put in for the time being have more umph in em..But if I cant find nothing else Ill look you up. thanks for the offer though.

And Sic, Ill be sure to hit you up with a few of my future pruchases I got planned..

a set of 70$ almani pcs65 has better midbass on the mid than anything JL makes u could nab a set of those and just keep the tweet and x-over for something else //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

sweet im around and you can always get me via email if im not its in my sig //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.