Help on choosing setup please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

cjacks2011
10+ year member

Gas City
Alright guys I am looking to have a loud system and I have 1,000 dollars for subs, amp, wiring, sub box and headunit. Can anybody tell me some suggestions on any of this? And I want this stuff to be as loud as 1,000 dollars can get me.

Ok, im in the same situation as you. I have a total of 1000 bucks in my system so ill tell you what i think.

Sub- $250 cerwin vega stroker 12' or 2 alpine type r's off ebay for $220

Head unit- Definitly a pioneer or sony because the are only $150 and they are easy to use. I payed 130 bucks for m pioneer and wouldnt trade it for anything.

Wiring- Get 4 gauge wire on ground cable and hot wire. Get a fuse that is 80 amp or so.

I dont know about the sub enclosure, just make sure its ported. probably gonna cost about 200 bucks or so.

Amp- I would get a cheap amp rated at 2000 watts off ebay or something until you can spend about 700 dollars on a good one.

If you get a cheap amp to start with you can afford everything else and still have enough power to push the subs. Also, install a couple tweets in the front to add to the highs. It makes the system sound better if you dont have really expensive speakers.

HOPE this helps.

CERWIN VEGA IS THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. I SWEAR .

Ok, im in the same situation as you. I have a total of 1000 bucks in my system so ill tell you what i think.
Sub- $250 cerwin vega stroker 12' or 2 alpine type r's off ebay for $220

Head unit- Definitly a pioneer or sony because the are only $150 and they are easy to use. I payed 130 bucks for m pioneer and wouldnt trade it for anything.

Wiring- Get 4 gauge wire on ground cable and hot wire. Get a fuse that is 80 amp or so.

I dont know about the sub enclosure, just make sure its ported. probably gonna cost about 200 bucks or so.

Amp- I would get a cheap amp rated at 2000 watts off ebay or something until you can spend about 700 dollars on a good one.

If you get a cheap amp to start with you can afford everything else and still have enough power to push the subs. Also, install a couple tweets in the front to add to the highs. It makes the system sound better if you dont have really expensive speakers.

HOPE this helps.

CERWIN VEGA IS THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. I SWEAR .

just flush it down a toilet too while your at it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.