Help On Building Box

Participant count
  • Participant list

bud
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
OK i AM GOING TO BE GETTING 4 12 IN. TYPE R'S I AM GOIN TO PUT THEM IN A SEALD ENCLOSURE AND IT WILL BE ABOUT TWO OR THREE WEEKS BEFORE I GET THEM AND I AM GOIN TO BEGIN BUILDING MY BOX NOW I WAS JUST WOUNDERING SHOULD I SPLIT INTO FOURS OR IN HALF OR NOT AT ALL AND HOW MUCH AIR SPACE TO GIVE EACH SUB AM NEW TO BOX BUILDING BUT AM GOING TO HAVE A REALLY GOOD HELPER I JUST NEED SOME DEMINSIONS AND STUFF SO I CAN BEGIN OR IT WOULD BE COOL IF YOU COULD JUST DROP ME SOME LINKS SO I CAN GO FIND OUT ON MY OWN THANKS SORRY THAT WAS SOO LONG GUYS PLEASE HELP

Your box should have 4 chambers, 1.00-1.25 cubic ft per 12. Use .75 inch mdf. Design the box to fit flush in your ride. Detirmine avaliabe space then multiply LxWxH divided by 1728 to get cubic ft. I built a box for 2 12w6s that was 32 lenght x 21 width x 8 hieght. The 12s faced upward in my trunk. each one had 1.125 cubic ft. air space. It and my amps got ripped off a couple months ago.

Four separate enclosures would be fine, however if you can ensure a proper seal it should not matter either way as long as all the speakers are wired Identical and not out of phase with each other. For ease however, I would say put one split and keep two subs in each side of the enclosure. It is all up to how you are able to come up with design for it etc....

Seperate chambers will aslo help brace the box. My friend has a box with 3 10s , all sharing the same air. When you push one in, the other 2 move out.

you can use a support bracket from the front to the rear of the box between the subs for the added bracing and I would suggest that, but again they can share the same space in a well sealed box and sound very good so long as they are wired in phase with each other. The vaccuum actually helps to control the motion of the sub and can help aid in creating a tighter cleaner and more accurate bass by keeping two in the same enclosure area.

I had 2 12 w6s in a sealed box sharing the air space. It sounded fine,

. A couple days later i pulled it out and rebuilt it with seperate chambers and it sounded better. but there wasn't a huge difference. I think it sounded a little cleaner.

Personal sound and listening preferences can determine that much. Hell may be easy enough to build it without a divider. Try it like that. Then put a divider in place and try it like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.