Help on brand capacitor

adammk5
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I need to know which brand is the best for a capacitor. Would a generic 3 farad cap perform better than 1 farad rockford fosgate or lightning audio. caps with the remote turn on lead give better power than normal caps.

thanks

Originally posted by adammk5 I need to know which brand is the best for a capacitor. Would a generic 3 farad cap perform better than 1 farad rockford fosgate or lightning audio. caps with the remote turn on lead give better power than normal caps.

thanks
Sorry, can't help you with a brand, Stinger maybe... I just wanted to make you prepared for the anti-cap people on this board that are surely going to tell you it's a waste of money. You'd be well off to explain why you want one and what you are hoping to acheive by getting one.

"will give head for cap"

*cough*

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I was told by someone (roughly of this context)

If you absolutely, positively definitely HAVE to use a cap, get one with low ESR.

The problem with that is, most companies do not really state their ESR numbers. I still don't know what my brax cap's ESR is.

Batcaps been put to good use. I would've gotten the batcap400 instead of the cap, if it was released 7 years ago...

Originally posted by BenTLocK can someone plezz tell us why anyone would need a cap?
in my case, it was acquired 7 years ago..

EVERYONE was saying it's essential...

The shops scared the bejesus out of me, telling me bullcrap stories of installs without caps.

There's your answer.

I still use it only cause it's still in my possession.

Dont buy a cap....since your looking for the best brand that must mean you have money to spend....with that money you should get your stock alt rewound to somthing like 150amp instead of the normal stock 80amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.