Help on box for a 15" going in a '01 Gran Prix

I hope you didn't build that box 36"W. I have an '01 GP GT and built my first box 36" wide and it was about 1/2 in. too wide to fit. 35 inches is widest you can go. If your nephew has the bose stereo, you only have 15.5" of height. If he doesn't, you can go 17.25" without hitting the magnets of the 6x9's on the decklid. Hope this helps.

This thread is full of fail talking about liquid nails and such......... Tite bond 2 or bust. Most of the boxes I build have no screws they are bonded with glue and clamps.

I looked this up. I like this idea. If I build my next box then ill be getting it to put mine together. Even if your not building it inside your trunk I think this is a good idea to make sure the screws go in straight and securely
nah, thats what Pilot holes are for.

nah, thats what Pilot holes are for.
Yea I still put pilot holes in mine. Without them the wood would surely split, and even with them it still split a little on a few. Who am I kidding im probably not gona even build my next box myself just because I know I want a kerfed port and theres no way in hell I can do that myself

If anyone followed this...

The box fit. I did have to disassemble it partially, but it only took an hour or so to get it rebuilt. 36L x ~ 17 x ~16 was a snug fit, but it works. He still has room for a couple bags and small cargo items.

This was my first personal experience with an AP amp and I am thoroughly impressed with its initial performance. This thing is small and powerful. It is rocking that D6.

He had a pair of old 12w3's getting 300w rms each. The single 15" D6 is better in all phases, but it's getting quite a bit more power -- 1000w (rated) from the AP1000d (sub is rated for 750).

It stays loud in the high 20's.

Unfortunately I can't get him to leave the bass boost alone. Appearantly clipping is a pleasant sound to a 15 y/o. I hope he doesn't damage that sub. I can't find anymore at that price.

Sadly, it blows my poor opti1232d out of the water in SPL and its ability to play loud low. So naturally I'm thinking I may need a 15 now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Good luck getting a 15" box in that trunk, especial one with 3.0 cu. ft. I'd just go with a pre-fab that has the transmission line vent and some poly fill for added air space. Atrend makes a single vented enclosure for Diamond subs. Specs are:

DIAMOND AUDIO SPECIFIC ENCLOSURES W H D Cu. Ft.

15TDXS Atrend - 15" Single Vented Diamond 22.50 17.50 22.00 2.20

15 TDXS Single Diamond Vented Enclosure

You can probably get pretty close to 3.0 cu. ft. with some poly fill. Good luck.

Good luck getting a 15" box in that trunk, especial one with 3.0 cu. ft. I'd just go with a pre-fab that has the transmission line vent and some poly fill for added air space. Atrend makes a single vented enclosure for Diamond subs. Specs are:
DIAMOND AUDIO SPECIFIC ENCLOSURES W H D Cu. Ft.

15TDXS Atrend - 15" Single Vented Diamond 22.50 17.50 22.00 2.20

15 TDXS Single Diamond Vented Enclosure

You can probably get pretty close to 3.0 cu. ft. with some poly fill. Good luck.
He already got it in. If I would have saw this I would have offered some specs.

I had my DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 in 4.5 net cubes tuned at 32Hz and it slid in the trunk just fine no building in the trunk or removing back seats.

DIAMOND AUDIO SPECIFIC ENCLOSURES -------------- W ------------ H --------- D --------Cu. Ft.

15TDXS ---- Atrend - 15" Single Vented Diamond --- 22.50 -------- 17.50 --- 22.00 ------- 2.20

I had factory rec's for the d6 - it was 2.25 tuned to 37. I chose to model it myself and come up with my own design. It will be flatter and go lower in the larger, lower tuned box with minimal loss in ~50hz spl. It's right about 4.5 gross, probably about 3.75 net.

Dragon, out of curiousity, do you have rough dims?

I will try to get some pix next time I cross paths with it.

He had a pair of old 12w3's getting 300w rms each. The single 15" D6 is better in all phases, but it's getting quite a bit more power -- 1000w (rated) from the AP1000d (sub is rated for 750).
Sadly, it blows my poor opti1232d out of the water in SPL and its ability to play loud low. So naturally I'm thinking I may need a 15 now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Have been impressed with my D6 15 also coming from a pair of JL12w3's. Mines only getting ~800w at the moment, but that 3"vc should handle more not sure how crazy I want to get on mine with the dsc1500D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.