Help on amp purchase

Tech§avvy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
Hello all! I'm new here! I hope to make a few friends while I trouble shoot some issues I'm having.

I recently purchased two (2) Skar ZVX-15V2 (3000W peak, 1500RMS) subs. The issue I'm having is, should I get two (2) SKV2-1500.1D amps (One (1) per sub) or get one (1) SKV2-4500.1D?

Thank you for any advice giving. I'm kinda new to this high-end audio stuff, so please forgive my ignorance.

I personally would just buy a Taramps MD12000 for that price. :sneaky:

If I had to answer the question. 4500. But I don't recommend Skar to anyone.

Have you had bad experience with Skar? I was gonna go Sundown or DC, but I can't justify the prices they charge. I can and/or will buy another brand amp. Like I said, I'm new to this high-end audio. Any recommendations would be great!

Also, thank you so much for the quick response and help!

Yes it would be overkill. I was just showing what you could get for the same price as that Skar amp. 90% on here do not recommend Skar. The owner Kevin scammed a bunch of people and did alot of other shady things.

I personally would just get a Taramps MD8000 for them.

Yes it would be overkill. I was just showing what you could get for the same price as that Skar amp. 90% on here do not recommend Skar. The owner Kevin scammed a bunch of people and did alot of other shady things.

Wow! That's a shame. How is he still allowed to operate? If I would of known that, I wouldn't of bought the subs. That's crazy!

Anyways, I never heard of Taramps before. Are they a new company, or not as popular as thy others? Other then Taramps, is there any other good brands that I can check out that you recommend?

So the owner of Skar is a shady sumbitch too.
I just found out the owner of CT sounds is pretty shady also...of course after I ordered a CT1500.1d.
I also found out earlier, the old ct sounds ct amps had a lot of issues with the amps vibrating themselves apart, due to lack of board support.
I’m planning to remove the bottom plate, and make sure my board is supported before I run it.
Going off of pictures...
The innards of my amp look very similar to the Skar 1500.1d.
I wonder how they compare?

Wow! That's a shame. How is he still allowed to operate? If I would of known that, I wouldn't of bought the subs. That's crazy!

Anyways, I never heard of Taramps before. Are they a new company, or not as popular as thy others? Other then Taramps, is there any other good brands that I can check out that you recommend?

Taramps has been around for a while buts its a Brazilian company. Their amps use full bridge technology which has a very high rail voltage compared to Korean amps. I've had 11 Taramps amps now and loved them all. They are much smaller than Korean amps as well.

People still buy Skar because they just want cheap. They don't care that he scammed so many people. Pretty much no morals.

Wolfram is a newer company that is putting out some good products. They have a 4500 as well but i'm pretty sure they are sold out. The Soundqubed 4500 is a solid amp.

I just found out the owner of CT sounds is pretty shady also...of course after I ordered a CT1500.1d.
I also found out earlier, the old ct sounds ct amps had a lot of issues with the amps vibrating themselves apart, due to lack of board support.
I’m planning to remove the bottom plate, and make sure my board is supported before I run it.
Going off of pictures...

Well Coleman from CT sounds is dead now. But yeah he was a total douche. Plenty of people on here would have told you to avoid buying from them.

Going off of pictures...
To be clear your ct is a Chinese board likely similar to skars rp series. The skar skv2 line is korean hence the price tag.

If you’re looking for 3k rms you could go as small as an md 5000 but an 8000 md will be far less expensive than a korean 4500. Probably should save a few nickels for the electrical upgrades that 8000 pulls 375 amps and a korean over 3500 will likely pull more

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.