help newb choose and upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

maxwellh

hello all,

I've always had a system, but its always been mass market stuff. I've built some of my own boxes before but noting special and I always went sealed. now I want to upgrade what I have to something that will rattle my brains some but still sound really good and musical. I listen to everything from Pink Floyd to hard rap.

I've been reading here and I'm thinking of 2 choices;

1. SA 12 + SAE-1000d and SAE-50.4 for the highs

2. HDS312 + Q1-1200d and Q4-90 for the highs

planning on having someone build me a ported box.

how do I determine what tuning for the box?

will I need to upgrayedd my electrical for these 2 amps?

my space available is the drivers side rear/jump seat of my 01 ranger extended cab.

anything I'm missing here?

what are your suggestions?

thanks for your help.

I'd go with the SA-12. Many on here will disagree with me and say go with soundqubed, but that's alright.

Honestly, you'd probably be happy with either option.

Box tuning depends on a lot of things.

No, you probably won't need to upgrade your electrical system for either of those amps. At most, I'd say add the big 3.

Thanks guys.

So far the concesus is SA 12 with the SQ amps. Are the sq amps really better than the Sa amps? I would prefer to match brands but not a deal breaker.

No big electrical upgrade? I was expecting to hear I need some work there. A big 3 should be easy tondo.

Thanks guys.
So far the concesus is SA 12 with the SQ amps. Are the sq amps really better than the Sa amps? I would prefer to match brands but not a deal breaker.

No big electrical upgrade? I was expecting to hear I need some work there. A big 3 should be easy tondo.
cost to performance ratio is better. For the 4 channel, the soundqubed one is in a different power class than the SAE 50.4 so its not even a fair comparison. If you want to do all sundown matching setups then you need to shell out a lot more money for the SAX 100.4. Ported is a must, its a waste to go sealed with these subs. If you need help with designing a proper ported, i posted some tips and links in this thread

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/614208-help-dimensions.html

Thanks for all the input guys...I'm going to read about box design tonight after work. I might try to build my own box or just buy a custom box if its not too pricey.

So the sa 12 is worth the $60 price increase from the sq?

[quote name='maxwellh']Thanks for all the input guys...I'm going to read about box design tonight after work. I might try to build my own box or just buy a custom box if its not too pricey.

So the sa 12 is worth the $60 price increase from the sq?[/QUOTE]

If the box designing process gets confusing hit up @CSCStang to build and ship you a box, should be a lot less than the 3-400 dollars shops charge you.

SA would be the louder sub but the soundqubed sub's no slouch either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.