Help new to car audio

AZ FoXx

AZ
So I recently purchased a 370z, which has a tiny trunk space. I was planning on buying a custom box built for the 370z, but I have no idea where to start when it comes to picking out subs. I was planning on having 12s, not really sure if I should have one or two. I just want a quality bass that bumps. I want to be able for people to think "**** his car bumps." I also would need an amp to go with it, which I also know nothing about. Not looking to spend more than $300 on the sub(s) and amp. I just need some recommendations. Please help.

From a Car audio lover's standpoint, I'd say wait till your budget doubles.

From an average broke Joe's point of view, you can buy two kenwood excelon 12s in a sealed box off craigslist and a hifonics amp and you would have some bass. Its a hatchback so it does not take too much to get decent bump.

I don't think 2 12s would fit in the back of a 370z even sealed. They have an insanely small trunk. Like Jeff say since the car is a hatchback it does not take much to get it loud. You'll somehow have to budget in speakers and an amp for them as well because you're not going to hear any vocals with all that bass.

With $300 budget for sub and amp, I'm thinking you're not planning on making any electrical upgrades? Keep in mind that, if you get a quality sub/amp/box that do their job and are loud, that's going to down out your factory speakers.

Here's a good combo for about $320:

MB Quart RA1500.1 Referece Series 1500W Monoblock Amplifier

SoundQubed HDS312

Don't let the price of the sub fool you. There's no sub that matches its performance within $100. Also, you'll need to consult with whoever is making the box as to what the best combo is to fit not only car, but the subwoofer as well. I can tell you that if you play your cards right, it will be pretty **** loud. You can do about 2.5 cu ft tuned to 34Hz for that sub. Higher tuning will give you more output, but you lose musicality significantly.

Would you recommend a sub that would not be completely overboard? Price aside.
Just saw the trunk lol nvm a single 12 or a pair of 10s at best. Heck, if you want to save room. You can even get a powerful 8 and it should serve you well. A sundown SA 8 D4 and an alpine 500 watt amp in a proper ported box would slam in your car. Heck, even a soundqubed HDS208 in a T-line enclosure will slam pretty good on very little power.

Here's what i'm talking about, thats just a single 8

http://vid1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag205/cscstang/Mobile%20Uploads/20150117_121914_zps57qtntcs.mp4

http://vid1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag205/cscstang/Mobile%20Uploads/20150117_122033_zpsw7nnos3m.mp4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.