Help!!! New enclosure for level 5 12's in a 2014 charger!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

HI-C
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Las Vegas
View attachment 26555104View attachment 26555105

I tried the small enclosure, and it really didn't sound good to me it was 3 cubic feet tuned to 34hz. It just sounded like it was missing something with the smaller enclosure so I wanted to try a bigger one. I'm not going to use my TFE this time I'm going to use a Taramps HD8000. Because it have smaller foot print so I can fit a bigger enclosure. I have two designs I came up with if any one have any input on this enclosure it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

my level 5 18s loved my 13 cubic feet enclosure which is about 6.5 cubes each which is on the higher side with a lot of port area, they were M1s though. Go big tune low, you can always add wood blocks to reduce the box size later on and it'll raise the tuning as well so you can have room to experiment. A box too small will end up costing you the wood for a new box. As for subs blowing, if you are careful and responsible, you should hear the sub stressing out mechanically or overheating and lower the volume when it happens or if it happens.

Another thing is at one point I had one level 5 18 in the whole 13 foot enclosure by itself as well and it handled it fine, just a tad peakier but still sounded halfway decent, not as loud though obviously with one sub but its not too far off. Airspace does not make as big of an impact as port design does imo from testing.

Like I said previously I tried the small enclosures and it didn't do well. My last enclosure was 3 cubic feet it was lacking but I inverted the sub and I could feel the difference off back. It had more pressure and it was louder my wife couldn't even ride with me. But before she could take it about a half of song,but now after inverting the subs she taps out quickly. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.