American Bass XFL 15; biggest box I can fit

Participant count
  • Participant list
Simple question, easy response. Would this enclosure work with an XFL 15"? I can't go any higher or have anymore depth. As far as the width goes, I can go up to 46.

ABXFL15.png

Well the box design says the box only has 2.4 cubic feet of space if im reading it right. Sub displacement will be around .22cu ft. So thats around 2.2 cubic feet for it. I would say that that is not enough air space. The xfl likes a larger box than the average 15. If you could expand the box to the full 46 i think it would be a pretty good box for it. The tuning freq looks good as well. So just try 46 as width and it should be good

Well the box design says the box only has 2.4 cubic feet of space if im reading it right. Sub displacement will be around .22cu ft. So thats around 2.2 cubic feet for it. I would say that that is not enough air space. The xfl likes a larger box than the average 15. If you could expand the box to the full 46 i think it would be a pretty good box for it. The tuning freq looks good as well. So just try 46 as width and it should be good
So 46 width would be perfect? It's going in a Ranger and that's about all the room I got. If it tells you how small my cab is, I can float papers and do small hairtricks with an SA-10 in a T-line because my cab is so small. :p

So 46 width would be perfect? It's going in a Ranger and that's about all the room I got. If it tells you how small my cab is, I can float papers and do small hairtricks with an SA-10 in a T-line because my cab is so small. :p
First off, that's impressive. And yes i think 46 will be pretty good. The xfl's are low end monsters and should have no problem in the ranger.

If not, do a 12. 2.5 cubes for an XFL 12 works great. I know you have at least 13-15d, 48w, maybe 20 tall
Well, the problem is I'm 6'4". I don't really think I want to do any other size. I've tried 8, 10, and 12s. I'm heading for a 15". I definitely don't want to buy another Sundown (trying every possible brand), but I want to keep my budget under $200 for the sub. So, as for the XFL 15". Give me some ideas. Haha. I like my tuning in between 31-33Hz, I listen to a lot of decaf and rebass, but sometimes I like to listen to regular music (just a little bump in regular music)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.