Help needed

Flippernewt138

CarAudio.com Newbie
Alright so I have a skar rp 1500 watt RMS amp and a skar evl 12 1250 watt RMS dual 2 ohm sub. And I put the sub in a ported box but it doesn't really hit hard at all. To get it to somewhat hit hard I'll have to turn the gain almost all of the way and the max on the amp is 2300watts oh I have it wired to the amp at 1 ohm and I have a tool to see if the audio clips and I connected it to the output and ran 36 hz frequency (the subwoofer was not connected) and I was only pushing like 5ish volts at what should have been like 1600 watts and the max voltage is 14.4 volts @ 1500 watts or 2300 watts and I'm so confused and not sure what's going on and I'm completely confused

Those RP amps aren't very powerful. I've seen many of them get replaced with an amp of the same rated rated wattage but a different brand and it was a night and day difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. The dsp is an afterthought. I haven't installed anything yet but I put a budget system together. I already...
Absolutely. I am always learning and think it's probably impossible to stop learning. I appreciate the advice and don't doubt for a second the...
Yes, the power wires' colors don't match from the dash to the new harness. However, I tested them and the wire I'm treating as the constant 12v is...
Thanks for this! Yes, there are 6.5 door speakers, front and back. I've heard them referred to as woofers but I'm sure their frequencies included...

About this thread

Flippernewt138

CarAudio.com Newbie
Flippernewt138
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from