HELP MEEE PLEASE

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have pioneer hu MVH-a200vbt, and JBL 1000W sub with a nikkai 200W amp (i know its underpowered i bought them together from someone locally for cheap but it goes way too loud anyway so i'm not bothered). And yes i have connected the RCA cables from the sub to the rear speaker wires from the back of the headunit, which for some reason makes the bass from the subwoofer so much clearer.

I have pioneer  JBL 1000W sub with a nikkai 200W amp connected the RCA cables from the sub to the rear speaker wires from the back of the headunit

with a sub its insane
Sounds like complete insanity to me... maybe I'm reading this thread wrong

c4yI3MK.jpg

I know it doesn't make sense to me either, but since I tried its a completely different sound and sounds so much better, give it try if u want :)

Yeah I'm not trying that either 

Unhook the rear speaker wires from sub asap and never talk to that so called installer again. You're only going to f up your head unit 

I'm not surprised you're having issues sounds like a mess. 

200 watts is plenty for that sub too. Pay no attention to the 1000 watts it's only 250 watt sub.

Kinda hard to help no idea how you have everything hooked up what your crossovers are set etc etc etc

Ok, ignore the audio wiring for the moment. For some reason when I drive, the sub stops working, when I move slowly it cuts in and out and the faster I go it gets worse before cutting out. This isn't always true as sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. When the engine is on at standstill the whole system works perfectly. I know this isn't an audio wiring problem as power light on the sub is on and flickers when the sub is cutting out. It seems to be worse also when I turn the system up, as when it's on low it works ok. I can turn the whole system up to max when I'm at a standstill with everything working so it's defo something to do with the power being delivered to sub when I'm moving. Is there any chance that I've attached the remote turn on to a variable output, I'm just spitballing but I'm so clueless as to what it could be....

Btw I fixed the door speakers, the wires has somehow just fallen out both the speakers at the exact same time for some reason.

Curious I am. Trying to figure out exactly what you have done.
You have RCA s connected to the pioneer head unit sub out to the amplifier and speaker wires from amp to sub plus the head units rear speaker wires left and right connected to the sub plus both 5x7 rear speakers? Or do you have rcas from hu to amp plus rear speaker wires hooked to the amp? Did you use jumper cables to connect the amp to the cars battery too? Idk if you're just not explaining things correctly or what? Not familiar with that amplifier you r using either. Did a quick search and could only find a grainy pic of one. Not that has to do with much but is it a mono or 2 channel amp? Are you in the states? Got any pictures of the install? That might help.
I just don't know whats going on from your previous statements? Kinda sounds like a 911 redo is in order...

As I said, forget the actual audio wiring as that isn't the problem, I have the power cable running from the battery to the amp,and also the remote turn on from the hu. The amp is 2 channel I believe. I'll try get some pictures of the sub and amp when I next get a chance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.