Help me.....

basswiigee2fix

Senior VIP Member
michigan
OK SO HERES THE STORY....

life was great about three weeks ago...

then bam... i lose half my volume up front... im puzzled.. i go swap the rcas... bam it comes back..

ok memphis4ch not the best cables they old... so two of the 4ch are out But playing great...

i grab some stinger 8000 series new... they looked nice, but fit crazy tight.... so all sounds well... UNTIL.... i started the engine... i got a whine... goes up and down with acceleration ... i chalk it up to cheap crap fitting wires and order some soundrives... nice cables.... i still got the whine... its lessened ... and not a issue with cables.. as i tried the soundrives in another ride first lol ....

ok some more details...

things ive tried to no avail...

ive changed rcas...

grounded rcas to headunit

reran all runs of wire, reattached all amps,

replaced remote wire

hu- prs80

amps- aq 90x4, sq 1200.1

all runs are 0ga ofc, big three etc.

batt is trunk mount

ONLY WHINES WHEN ENGINE ON AND ACCELERATING....

any ideas suggestions?

ground loop between your amplifiers, some have a better ground than others and are inducing backfeed into your system. check each piece of equipment individually until you figure out which one causes the noise, if you only have one amp plugged in and the noise disappears then you've found part of your problem

thank you all... will be resetting gains all amps and separate amp ground locations... 

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

toss a offer out....
Having your amps grounded at the same point is a good thing. Be sure the ground wires are bolted down tightly to unpainted metal. I use a wire brush attached to a drill to get down to bare metal.

Here's an informative article on noise suppression from Crutchfield. I think it's worth the read:

Noise suppression guide

Having your amps grounded at the same point is a good thing. Be sure the ground wires are bolted down tightly to unpainted metal. I use a wire brush attached to a drill to get down to bare metal.
Here's an informative article on noise suppression from Crutchfield. I think it's worth the read:

Noise suppression guide
thank you... yeah it sounds like engine whine according to that guide... just bugs me that it never done it before...

sell me your aq 4 ch.....
sq 90x4 just came in aq going up on the site ... let me know if ur still interested... if not im gonna thread it up...

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

were you messing around with the rca's when the stereo was playing?
always.... And its not the headunit...

ok so far ive replaced aq90x4 with sq 90x4 new and prs80 for x6700bs....NEW, I STILL GOT THE WHINE.... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE HELP ME....LMAO GETTING FRUSTRATED AND PISSED.....

HAVE REPLACED ALL SPK WIRE FROM FRONTS , 6X9S, CHANGED HUS, AMPS, CHECKED GROUNDS , ALT CHECKED BATT CHECKED...ETC... GOING TO BUY A GROUND LOOP ISOLATER...

ok so far ive replaced aq90x4 with sq 90x4 new and prs80 for x6700bs....NEW, I STILL GOT THE WHINE.... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE HELP ME....LMAO GETTING FRUSTRATED AND PISSED.....
HAVE REPLACED ALL SPK WIRE FROM FRONTS , 6X9S, CHANGED HUS, AMPS, CHECKED GROUNDS , ALT CHECKED BATT CHECKED...ETC... GOING TO BUY A GROUND LOOP ISOLATER...
How is your headunit grounded.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.