Help Me!!!!!

Alphafrog1
10+ year member

PURDUE!!!!
alright, so i am stumped here. My friend asked me to install the wiring for his new system, and as far as i know i did everything right. I ran a power cable from the battery, through a fuse, through a hole i drilled in the firewall, and into the amp. I ran a ground from the amp to the car, and finally i ran RCA's from the amp to the CD player (the wires were already in place from the amp to the subs). Yet when i turned the car on, the amp was not receiving any power. I have no idea what is wrong, and it got dark before i could go over everything a 4th time. Does anyone have any ideas of what i did wrong?

Mark

yeah i am thinkin several things:

1 - the remote wire is screwed up

2 - the inline fuse is blown

3 - the cd player ***** and isn't sending a signal through the remote wire

i will check the first two tomorrow to see what is happening

sounds A LOT like a remote turn on lead. You'll find a blue (almost all cases) wire on the HU run that to the "Turn ON Lead" place on the amp. (18 guage will be fine to run)

I would bet that thats it cause you didnt mention that....... GOOD LUCK>>

Are you sure the amp even works? Try a jumper from the + battery lead on the amp to the remote turn on. If the amp turns on then check your remote wire if it doesn't turn on check your ground connection. Also might check the back of the head unit and make sure your turn on wire is connected to the remote turn on on the deck. I know some decks have a remote turn-on and a power antenna lead..If it's hooked to the power antenna your amp will shut off when you put a cd in (only on some decks though) :shrugs: Just some suggestions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.