help me Visualize my install please...

Participant count
  • Participant list

SpeeDFX
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Pioneer Premier p740mp, Kappa 6.5 and Kappa 6x9 speakers, a JBL P80.4 and 1200.1, and 2 Shivas.

Can someone draw me a picture of something... explain in a series of easy instructions just the paths of the wiring i need?

I just need to know what the paths of the wires are...for exmple "this wire comes from here, and then goes to the distro block here, then split it here and send it there" of course not so vague, lol. I dont need to know the wire sizes or anything like that, YET. I am just trying to visualize how I'm supposed to settup the system

ok here we you said you dont need to know what gauge wire to use so this is what you do take your power cable find a spot on your firewall that you can go through like a gromet or boot or somthing ( careful!) put you power cord through there then run it up near to your battery then attach the power wire to a fuse within 12 inches from your battery. do not connect it yet!! run the rest of the power wire through your car (under the carpet etc) untill you get to your trunk ( or whereever you have your amps are) connect it to your D block the run your power cables to your amps also have your amps grounded before you connect power but you shouldnt have it connect to the battery yet so. find a good spot for your ground wires and scrape away any paint and bolt them to the body. try not to connect them to support bars or things like that try to get them connected directly to the body. also run your remote wire along with your power cable then get a Y spliter and split it to both amps. when runing your audio wires from your head unit have them on the oposite side of the car that you ran the power cables. then run your speaker wires to your subs(did you want to know what way to do this also?) also make sure you have good grounds before you connect the fused power wire to the battery. did i forget any thing? well good luck and have fun!!!

WOw man thanks for the help. Umm ok so when I ground the amps (I have to ground them both, right?) do I run the ground wires for the both the amps along the same path, then bolt them both down with the same bolt, or should I have the grounds for both amps going to seperate sides of the car?

I looked on the drivers side of the car, under and back where the gas and break pedals are. I stuck my head down there and looked to the left...there I saw a bunch of wires and a box full of fuses. When I looked straight ahead, I saw a metal wall (is this the firewall?) that had a group of wires coming through a hole (the hole was about a 2 x 3 inch oval with a rubber piece that let a wire aout .5 inches pass through it) and I assume the rubber thing in the hole is a gromet and the wires coming through the hole in the gromet have to do with some kind of electronics in the car. Since there is already this hole thing, do I have to make another hole? I can already tell that I will never be able to fit any other wires through the hole in the rubber gromet because there are already so many wires going through it.

Originally posted by SpeeDFX WOw man thanks for the help. Umm ok so when I ground the amps (I have to ground them both, right?) do I run the ground wires for the both the amps along the same path, then bolt them both down with the same bolt, or should I have the grounds for both amps going to seperate sides of the car?
Ground them both at the same point. It will not matter too much if you do ground them on opposite sides, but as a general rule of thumb is more efficient and ensures they are both grounded solid and identical.

I looked on the drivers side of the car, under and back where the gas and break pedals are. I stuck my head down there and looked to the left...there I saw a bunch of wires and a box full of fuses. When I looked straight ahead, I saw a metal wall (is this the firewall?) that had a group of wires coming through a hole (the hole was about a 2 x 3 inch oval with a rubber piece that let a wire aout .5 inches pass through it) and I assume the rubber thing in the hole is a gromet and the wires coming through the hole in the gromet have to do with some kind of electronics in the car. Since there is already this hole thing, do I have to make another hole? I can already tell that I will never be able to fit any other wires through the hole in the rubber gromet because there are already so many wires going through it.
You can fit another wire thru here. The grommet is tight around the wires, but can still be tapped thru as it is a flexible rubber. If you use a coat hangar or something it should be easy enough to push thru....make sure the end is not a sharp edge so you do nto tear or rip up any wires while trying to push it thru and push slow and easy. Once you have the coat hangar half way thru you can attach the end of the power wire to it and pull it all the way thru

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.