Help me start my Sony MEX-XB100BT

Participant count
  • Participant list

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
Hello people i have Sony MEX-XB100BT unfortunately all the accessories missing

the most important thing which i cant find is

Picture 7 of 14 for Sony MEX-XB100BT Stereo w/ Built-In 160W Amplifier!

this box with fuse and i dont know whats more inside ,

sony asks for extremely high price

approximately 100$ for this cable thats nuts!!?!

whole radio + accessories 2nd hand cost that amount or i have seen it on ebay action for like 80$ working,

can someone tell me whats inside this cable box and how i can wire my radio,where i can get that box at good price or , can someone make it for me please tell me.

I really like the radio but i cant use it for now no cable...

Hello people i have Sony MEX-XB100BT unfortunately all the accessories missingthe most important thing which i cant find is

Picture 7 of 14 for Sony MEX-XB100BT Stereo w/ Built-In 160W Amplifier!

this box with fuse and i dont know whats more inside ,

sony asks for extremely high price

approximately 100$ for this cable thats nuts!!?!

whole radio + accessories 2nd hand cost that amount or i have seen it on ebay action for like 80$ working,

can someone tell me whats inside this cable box and how i can wire my radio,where i can get that box at good price or , can someone make it for me please tell me.

I really like the radio but i cant use it for now no cable...
It should have came with the radio when you bought it.... even second hand, or the guy fked you over.

Its just an overglorified 12 gauge wire connector and 15 amp fuse box. Those plugs in the back of the head unit are just positive and negative terminals for the amp. You can just use 10 or 8 gauge wire with insulated crimp connectors like this pic below and put a 15-20 amp fuse inline with the positive side. This will actually get you more power than the stock harness due to thicker gauge wire.

Cembre-Disconnect-Terminals-Female-Halogen-Free-RF-F-BF-F-GF-F.jpg

Yes seller ripped me off so i received 000 accessories,

r u sure there arent any transformator in these boxes which stabilize voltage? i DONT NEED power i just need to be safe so i dont blow up my head unit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

This is what is supposed to be included w/ the Sony MEX-XB100BT.

The rear panel tabs look to be to be double-wide Faston tabs, if so using a standard Faston receptacle would be a force-fit.

g158XB100BT-o_all.jpg

g158XB100BT-o_back.jpg

i know it should came up with the radio but since its not here i need a way to use my brand new head unit. How i can wire it safely?

i know it should came up with the radio but since its not here i need a way to use my brand new head unit. How i can wire it safely?
I already explained exactly what to do in both here and the Private message.

Need me to dumb it down even further?

On the back of the head unit

See the black plug next to the white plug on the white?

It has two metal things sticking out

One is positive the other is negative

Hook string of wire from the positive to the car battery positive.

Hook another string of wire from the negative to the car battery negative.

Thats all you need to do

I Spoke with several autorized shops/repair shop and sony dealers in BG, Europe none of them was so far qualified enough none of them wanted to to the job,

r u sure it wont blow up if i wire it with fuse only whats this foston thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif?

I Spoke with several autorized shops/repair shop and sony dealers in BG, Europe none of them was so far qualified enough none of them wanted to to the job,r u sure it wont blow up if i wire it with fuse only whats this foston thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif?
Its just a pos and negative run to the battery, it has nothing else in it besides a fuse. The purpose of that is to just have thicker gauge wire to have a dedicated run to the battery because the stock connections have too small of wire. That unit has a built in amp which needs BIG wire to make its 45 x 4 rms power.

You are overcomplicating things by far. Keep it simple its not rocket science.

PS, your shops are pretty incompetent if they cant figure something as elementary as this out. I would avoid them like the black death plague for any future upgrades you wanna do

Know why i know this? I install this exact unit for my buddies and one of them lost the plug when moving the head unit to a new car.

At this point the only cost-effective solution would be to fabricate the power cable.

Here is the Sony 1-848-736-11 Cable for Automotive Power for $76.15. This is the Sony 1-848-738-11 Cable for Automotive 12 Position for $18.22.

All that is required is an appropriately sized wire, I would use 8 AWG, but 10 AWG will work, with appropriate connectors properly crimped onto the ends. A Faston connector, as shown here looks to be capable of working. It looks to me like the tab is double thickness, so the Faston receptacle will need to be stretched open the first time it is plugged into the stereo.

i will try to find someone to make a cable for me,fabricate, they only thing i am worried is we dont know what sort of stabilizer and filter and condensator to put inside,

cable will be fine and 15amp fuse,

This sony model is not available here so no one knew it. Is this 8awg is the size of the wire or what is it exactly?

It cost me a lots of headache to import this unit here in my country u know customs fees etcs,expensive shipping cuz its far away, about SHOPS yes they are stupid they recently charged me 30$ for changing 1 cable wire to ther other pin and after several days problem arrived again,same problem, so even repair shops at the capitals

EVEN AUTORIZED ONES

they ***** here in BG,thats why i write here in this well known forum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif do u suggest to install any noice filter or some capacitor between cable etcs?

In the US we use AWG. In Europe and ROW they use cross sectional area, measured in mm². The 8 AWG translates to 8.36 mm² and the 10 AWG translates to 5.26 mm².

This table I linked shows the correct wire size to select, based on the current and the round trip length, use the 3% voltage drop table.

In the US we use AWG. In Europe and ROW they use cross sectional area, measured in mm². The 8 AWG translates to 8.36 mm² and the 10 AWG translates to 5.26 mm².
This table I linked shows the correct wire size to select, based on the current and the round trip length, use the 3% voltage drop table.
Which cable will give me MORE SAFETY so i dont blow up my radio ?

8 OR 10 AWG?

or i must even try to get a even better one?

IS IT good cable to be thick?

or not? The thicker the cable the better or opposite?

Neither wire size will provide more safety. Neither wire size will protect the radio from "blowing up".

An "eyeball measurement" looks to me like Sony used smaller wire on their missing power block, either 12 AWG or 14 AWG. The table calls for 10 AWG based on my uninformed guess of the wire length for your vehicle with 15A of current. I always bump up one size larger for less voltage drop to the device. Thicker cable provides more voltage to the device, less voltage consumed in the wire, so thicker is better on wires carrying lots of current.

In this case, the MOST IMPORTANT THING is a properly installed and SAFELY INSTALLED system. This missing power adapter is just ONE SMALL PART of the complete installation.

My wild guess is the skill set is currently insufficient for the task. That is NOT intended as a disparaging comment, everybody has to start somewhere.

IMO there are too many obstacles for this to end up anywhere but bad. My suggestion is to sell this radio as-is and either keep the existing installed radio or get a different radio that comes with all the parts.

Best of luck with whatever way you go!

I wont personally make the install but i will make someone qualified enough to fit the install i just need some information since, people around here dont know how, and i must teach them and tell them what to do,

I will do my best for my own safety,if i cant find proper fitment guy i will end up selling it,But for now i am stick with the plan of making good quality cable with fuse and other things which are needed if i dont find proper person i will hope to find a shop in the usa which can make me cable.

I wont personally make the install but i will make someone qualified enough to fit the install i just need some information since, people around here dont know how, and i must teach them and tell them what to do,I will do my best for my own safety,if i cant find proper fitment guy i will end up selling it,But for now i am stick with the plan of making good quality cable with fuse and other things which are needed if i dont find proper person i will hope to find a shop in the usa which can make me cable.
Wire by feet, might be only 12 feet total you would need depending on your car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRUE-10-Gauge-AWG-BL-BK-By-The-Foot-Sky-High-Car-Audio-Speaker-Wire-Home-Audio-/272368251453?hash=item3f6a69b23d:g:9PUAAOSwMgdX0Hf a

female spade disconnects:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-12-10-GAUGE-FEMALE-SPADE-QUICK-DISCONNECTS-ELECTRICAL-WIRE-CONNECTORS-250-/262592855121?hash=item3d23c0fc51:g:FnoAAOSw6n5Xvj4 L

Fuse:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60Pcs-Auto-Car-Truck-ATC-Mini-Blade-Fuse-5A-10A-15A-20A-25-30A-AMP-Mixed-Set-Kit-/172270845730?hash=item281c247f22:g:Zu8AAOSwRgJXhGd u

IT DOES NOT NEED ANY TRAINING OR QUALIFICATIONS!!!!

even an 8 year old school girl can do this or hell, monkeys can do this as well. I'M SURE you have some resemblence of intelligence in you to do something as simple as this.

[video=youtube;-WN-lBkjkAc]

Seriously dont understand why you make this sh*t sound like its harder than it actually is, you are overly paranoid for no good reason and you refuse to even think about giving things a shot and giving up even before giving any attempts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.