Help me select sub for ram 3500 and prefab enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2003 ram 3500, looking at a prefab enclosure http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DQC-212-V 1.55ft3 ported tuned for 35hz I know this is probably not the best enclosure(or could be), but I have to conserve space.. The page says type R's fit, but do you guys know of a sub thats better/More power handling that I might be able to use with the available space and dimensions of this enclosure.. pretty open to amps, but I think I might try out a ba7000.1d or ba5000.1d depending on what subs I get.. I do have a kicker 2500.1 that i'll be pulling out of another vehicle soon if I dont like the ppi amp. So I'm looking for subs that are dual 2 ohms so I can take advantage of the 0.5 on ba7000.1d or the 2 ohm ok 2500.1 if necessary... Thanks for any suggestions..

oh forgot to mention, I do realize that if I do have to go with type r that all those amps would probably blow them, unless safely set below rated with dmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know of a shallow mount sub, or a smaller sub in general that can handle 1000w rms that might work in this application.. I know shallow mounts tend not to be able to handle higher power..

1.55 cubes ported is small, and they don't say the port volume. This is a better designed and built enclosure: 2002-2015 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sub Box Dual Low You get fiberglass tub construction and the plush factory matching carpet instead of Line-X. They also have a tall version of this enclosure with matching seat lift supports.
So if I went with the tall version of this box, what would be your suggestions for subs that might fit in the 1000w rms range?

So if I went with the tall version of this box, what would be your suggestions for subs that might fit in the 1000w rms range?
Most companies offer a subwoofer that can work well in that enclosure. Do you already have an amplifier? How did you decide on 1000W RMS?

Most companies offer a subwoofer that can work well in that enclosure. Do you already have an amplifier? How did you decide on 1000W RMS?
I'm going to temporarily use a ppi ba7000.1d. But I also have have a kicker 2500.1 that'll be available in about 2 months if I dont like the 7000.1. I came up with a 1000 rms because thats my power goal(2000 rms) truck has 2 batteries from stock, I'll be running kinetik hc 2400 in both locations, 4 or 500 amp alternator, big 3 upgrade with 0 gauge, possibly might add 2 battery bank in bed(hc-2400 tied in with 2/0 wire as I also have a very big inverter and winch.. this is my hauling truck, So i need power on demand, but want great sound also..

Alpine Type R will rock in the Net Audio Tall box. People run 1,000W RMS on those all the time. If you wanted to buy from us I can't get you Alpine, but I have other good brands.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.