help me reach my goal!

Bigrick31
10+ year member

Carpe Diem
Mid*Cal
ok so i have had this goal for some time now im not even sure if its possible but its something i would really be happy about if i could do and i figured with all the people here on car audio we could come up with a solution or figure out how to do this. my goal is to hit 155db in a 2cuft sealed inclosure with 1 15 in the back of my 2000 eclipse. so what is it gunna take to do that? or is that even possible. im sure with everyones input we can figure something out

You are extremely limited in what you can do and tweak with a sealed box. I would guess that the only way that is going to be accomplished is by having another 15 ported and hidden so that you can pretend you only have one, lol.

Joking aside though, I really don't know if that is possible....it would be difficult to accomplish, but do-able if you were going ported just because you have the ability to change port area and tuning to what works best over and over again til you get where you want.

ive never had my car metered by any mic before so i would not know. would it help if maybe i could change my sealed box into a bandpass?

not trying to be a smart a$$ but do you truly know how loud 155 db's is?people have a hard time breaking 150 with 2 15's ported ,i HIGHLY doubt you'll be able to sealed in 2 cubes no less. a better goal might be 145. even that is stretching it.155db is no joke,its seriously loud.

i know 155 is really loud and it would be very hard to reach thats why i asked. but then if 155 cant be obtained by my specs how about make it the loudest that you can in a 2cuft sealed inclosure using 1 15 then what are the recomendations. whould i get an eq bass booster? how can i mess with it to make it the loudest i can?

Like said before, it is possible but I don't see it happening. Just to put this in prespective, Bumping Yuda, a member here has 2 IA death Penilty 15's powered by I want to say 2 or 4 zapco 9.0's. On the new term lab he can only hit around 152-153ish. Now With around 12,000w RMS (I think) (2) 15's (some of the best SPL drivers out there, IMO) ported really high, and he still can't hit over 155dB's, the odds of you with a single 15, sealed, and i doubt a lot of power you won't hit it. Just to give you an idea how hard 155 is going to be. Don't let this stop you try all you want but don't bet the farm on retching your goal....

Jon

sealed 2 cubes one fifteen? the only thing you could change is watts... try powering it with couple huge amps. put a pair of 2500 watt amps on it. first of all play a sweep to see which frequency is loudest on your sub(volume low)... then play that frequency and turn it up until the sub blows. then you will know how loud it can get in 2 cubes sealed.

Right now i have a 15 ported, in around 2 cubes which is what you're talking about only sealed. Not having been metered I would put my setup right around 140ish.

Now something to think about....

The dB scale is logrithmic,

Thus a ten dB increase from me, 150, would be 10 times as loud (ten times the pressure), or twice as loud to the human ear.

Now add 5 more dB to that, doing about 3 times that pressure....and you're at 30 times the pressure that my sub creates which is at an "ear-hurting" level as it is.

155 is a monumental setup, and I don't see it happening sealed in 2 cubes....maybe ported in 15 cubes with 5 REALLY big amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.