Would this be ok?

BurgerKing
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just ordered a kicker comp vr and I plan on order another when I get the money but for a while I'm just gonna have one. I'm gonna be puttin 400 watts to this one vr and I'm wondering if it would be ok to put it in a box that's 35"Wide, 14"Tall, 7"Deep on top, and 11 1/2Deep on bottom. I don't really know about how much air space the sub needs and how to tell if it's sufficient or not. So would it hurt the sub or what?

Assuming it is made from 3/4" wood, the volume would be 1.878ft^3.

I'm assuming is is either a 10" or 12", either would work well in that box, it is well within kickers recommended box size.

Sealed, with a bunch of cotton. Doesn't that make the sub feel like it's in a bigger box or something? I think I read that.
It can to a certain extent. Really though, I think your box will be big enough that you won't need to put any type of stuffing inside, unless you just have it sitting around and will never use it.

Honestly ive never seen a performance difference with insulation or w/o but personally i think w/o would be best since it actually doesnt ake up space and that whats a sub requires air space filling the box with cotton would actually lower the amoutn of needed air space.

the leghth of the port n the demensions of ur box is how u tune it.

like i have a box almost the same as urs 35" wide 14" high and 30" deep. devider in the middle. for my 4 12's. i have the subs up n the ports back (4) of them. crx style:). the ports are 4" wide n 9" long. the box is tuned at 45hz....this is my spl box.

now i know ppl on here could give u like the exact measurements n everything, but me myself i **** at that ****. sorry.

heres a pic to give u an idea of what im talkin about.

Btw I don't see any flaws at all. lol
lol, thanks man,. the only thing that makes it look alittle bad is all the caulk i used. i didnt want n e leaks, lmfao.

but yeah try somethin like that, ull gain a few db's for sure and its pretty easy. just have someone help u wit the length of the ports. tune it to about 35hz for daily. and if u wanna do spl just switch the boxes or make a port plug.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BurgerKing

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
BurgerKing
Dodson, LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date