help me out nig nogs

I own one of sonic's sub boxes.

I bought one awhile back for my infinity 104.7w. It's 1cf. sealed for a 10 inch sub.

Very well built, 3/4mdf, nice terminal cups. Only thing I wasnt to sure about was the quality of the internal sealant. I re-did the inside with caulk just to make sure.

I can take some pics of it if u want. Still have it.

actually, youre the guy that i saw that said the boxes are solid (mentioned in the first post) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Screw-in type cups are much better than those cheap ass push-in style cups. Some still leak through the wire connections themselves, but Im not familiar with that particular cup. In any event, believe it or not sealed boxes tend to have less performance problems from small leaks like that than do ported boxes. I wouldn't worry about it.
learned something new.

well, got the box after some BS (fyi, sonic electronix used some "ontrac" shipping company, which if you live in a place with gated access, cant even deliver your package like your local ups or fedex guy can) involving giving the "ontrac" guy the gate access code after a failed delivery attempt the previous day.

but anyways, like i said i got the box. seems to be a pretty good build. i had a little issue with the box terminals (not really my style and you cant really sinch them down too tight on the inside), and also what was mentioned before about sealing it, its true. the sealing job was pretty good but there was an area that was not missed completly but not covered completly (id say about a 3" or so area). i had no caulk laying around so i used to permatex gasket maker lulz. anyways it set up, popped the ***** into my car and i got bass again.

i wouldnt hesitate to suggest this box to anyone, you just have to check the terminals over and the sealing, other than that it seems built pretty good, nice clean sub cutout, legit 3/4" mdf and so on. looks good, sounds great. for $25+tax+free shipping (i assume only if you're in cali) id call it a steal.

well see how long it lasts...

I bought a box from sonix that was 1.21 cubes sealed for my mb quart sub. it was well built and the seals were fine. there a tad better as far as thickness, carpet and ring terminals go than eBay boxes.

update: the terminals **** on these boxes. these are meant for low power installs (i consider my system a low power install but i guess not...). the ****ing ring terminals melted from the heat causing a huge air leak. just pressing on the cone with your hand you can here a fat leak. **** box is shitty. guess its time to go ported.

Why not fix the terminal?

You can just take out the terminal and seal it up from the inside with a piece of MDF, then just run wires straight through the MDF with caulk around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.