Help me out, its been awhile

probmxstyle
10+ year member

The Well Dressed OG
MD
Its been awhile since I have posted a thread looking for a sub recommendation. I am looking to swap out my 9500 for something else. It was a temp sub that I planned on replacing since it really doesn't like sealed boxes. But I am looking for a single 12. I have 1500wrms on tap at 1ohm. The sub has to be able to also work well in sealed enclosures since I am more on the SQ side of things. So far I have heard AA Havoc, T3 TSS, RD Alpha V2, and the MX. The MX is a little more then I am looking to spend though. What are your thoughts?

I think a alpine type x would be a sub to think about, 1500 watts would put it right at its sweet spot.

How does the Death row sound? I know its rated at 1000rms, can it take 1500?
Edit: It says sealed enclosures are not recommended. The only ones they make that will work well in sealed are less then 800 rms
The Flatlyne is the one i would recommend. All of their subs are underrated, it could take 1000Rms more than likely. You could always E-mail Nick(owner) and see if he would beef one up for you. The e-mail address is listed.

Thats another option, would 1500 be no problem for it?
With BP it will be perfect. I didn't have BP on my old pair and was giving them well over 1500 each no sweat. With BP im sure they could handle 2000. I personally say for your needs the Q wins hands down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.