Help Me Fix My Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

repres01
10+ year member

BLACK MAG 09
Had my amp hooked up to my rear speakers (Alpine f300 4 channel). The amp worked but the speakers were very low(pioneer aftermarkets).I recently purchased a new alpine head unit and installed it myself. I routed the amp wiring to the head unit and found that the previous owner had an "impedator" hooked up to rear speakers. I detached the impedator (previous amp was hooked up here) and ran the wiring from the trunk to the head unit. Now my amp is powered on but no sound is coming from my rear speakers.

I checked the connections and everything is fine.

How can I fix this?

Check your gains and check the filter setting. Set it to full range to start then high pass it if you need to. Also check your input switch on the amp... meaning make sure it takes the signal from the inputs your using. You should use input set 1&2 if your only running one set of RCA's. Make sure your not hooked into the pre-amp out also. I assume by speakers you mean door speakers and not a subwoofer?

If thats an alpine deck, and its like my old one. The subwoofer pre outs were on the bottom of the deck where you have your RCAs, tho the sub out would put sound out due to no filter in the deck so it should work. The other thing is the decks normally have a subwoofer OFF feature. So move the RCAs on the back of the deck to the correct place if you have it on the sub output. It may be different on that deck tho. But its worth a try.

Another thing to check is your power wires. Even tho you have the power light on, doesnt mean the amp is getting power. The ground could very well be disconnected and the lgiht could be on, or the power wire not on, or fuse blown. Check all those.

it looks like you need another set of RCAs. You only got 2 channels hooked up.
Indeed. But even then he should still here two of the speakers instead of nothing.

My bet is on the power not actually being in the amp and the light only being on due the remote wire, or hooked up on the sub out rca and its turned off on the deck. Let us know how it goes.

You can run all 4 channels of your amp with only one set of RCA's you just lose fade control. There is normally a switch that has different input options. As in just 1&2 or 1&2 + 3&4 so the amp knows to use your input configuration. Like I mentioned earlier. Check your gains and you filter settings on the amp first. Only use the subwoofer out on the radio if your actually trying to push a sub. If its door speakers you should be hooked to Front or Front and Rear if you have 2 sets of RCA jacks.

Indeed. But even then he should still here two of the speakers instead of nothing.
My bet is on the power not actually being in the amp and the light only being on due the remote wire, or hooked up on the sub out rca and its turned off on the deck. Let us know how it goes.
When he wrote "No sound coming from my rear speakers" that's what I was going by.

OP any updates?

back for the update guys, I got it to work!!!! I took all your advice and check every connection. After checking my connections I checked the rca cords and one was damaged (must have popped something running the wire to the front). I replaced the rca wires and ran them to the head unit.

System is now ear shattering. Thx for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.