Help me find a grille for this thing?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Photonfanatic
10+ year member

TX
Hi all. I seem to be having some trouble finding a speaker grille for my 8" sundown audio SA-8. When I search for one, all I can find is endless versions of stuff like this:

Amazon.com: 8-Inch 2-Piece Steel Mesh Speaker Grill - Black: Electronics

But nothing made for the amount of excursion that the SA-8 is going to have. Getting Sundown Audio to answer the phone is like pulling teeth. Anyone know of a grille that will handle the excursion of the SA-8?

here is the message you get when you try sundown's website:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

FAIL lol

Wise man once say... grill on subwoofer like kickstand on bicycle.
How does the wise man keep his speaker from getting poked out of his grocery getter SUV? lol

What reason is there that I shouldn't do it? Also, can't change the box I had it custom built and I'm no box builder.

How does the wise man keep his speaker from getting poked out of his grocery getter SUV? lol
What reason is there that I shouldn't do it? Also, can't change the box I had it custom built and I'm no box builder.
No reason not to, I'm just being silly.
Have your box builder make you an attachment for his enclosure?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.