Help me figure this out!!!

Loganuhlig

My jeep grand Cherokee has had no radio for about a year now. I have tried to replace the antenna wire and I have hooked up subs and still sound does not come out with my iPod hooked up. I have science then taken the subs out and kept the aftermarket radio in. I have zero sound being transmitted to the stock speakers in the doors and I need help to figure putt what is going on with this system. Please help me, I am very frustrated!

Did you have sound when you had subs hooked up?

Did you have sound when you were just playing the radio? You didn't when you had your iPod connected right?

My jeep grand Cherokee has had no radio for about a year now. I have tried to replace the antenna wire and I have hooked up subs and still sound does not come out with my iPod hooked up. I have science then taken the subs out and kept the aftermarket radio in. I have zero sound being transmitted to the stock speakers in the doors and I need help to figure putt what is going on with this system. Please help me, I am very frustrated!
Did it stop working at the same time the aftermarket radio was installed?

take the headunit out of the car and test it (see if you have any output to the speakers)

the speakers were running off the headunit weren't they? or did they have an amp too

I have not really done anything but change the antenna wire for the radio, and tried hooking up different speakers. This next weekend me and my friends are going to take a look at the fuse box and the fuses in the stereo.

get yourself a 12v test light probe, and a aa battery to test your speaker cables, touch one side of the wire to one side of the batt and same with the other, it'll make the speaker make a poping noise (wont damage it) don't do it with tweeters lol. so from that you no the wiring and speaker are not at fault and it has to be the headunit.

good luck with solving your problem.

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

also i'd suggest you don't start messing with fuses and relays if you don't no what they do

get yourself a 12v test light probe, and a aa battery to test your speaker cables, touch one side of the wire to one side of the batt and same with the other, it'll make the speaker make a poping noise (wont damage it) don't do it with tweeters lol. so from that you no the wiring and speaker are not at fault and it has to be the headunit.
good luck with solving your problem.

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

also i'd suggest you don't start messing with fuses and relays if you don't no what they do
probe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.