Help Me Decide?!?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Darkshades

FL
Right now I have 2 12' kicker cvr's in a sealed box 2.? cubic feet, with a kicker 1000.1 amp

I'm planning on selling the two subs and getting 4 10' cvr's running two in a Bassworx Dual 10" ported box 2.2 cubic ft tuned to 46Hz. With the other two inverted on the top of the box running reverse polarity I'm keeping the amp, and plan on getting another kicker 1000.1 amp in a couple months. I have 4guage power wire, 8 ground to the frame , 10 for the speaker wire, a 60 amp fuse (yea i know i need a bigger fuse) one blue-top optomia battery (getting another one soon) and a stock alternator which i also half to upgrade. the output for the rca's on my radio is 4volts Should I get a 1Frad cap? different wires? should i do 4 subs or just stick with 2? should i add another port to the box?

I'm Putting this in a cj7 jeep with a hardtop and steal doors, the doors and firewall are dynamited and the whole inside of the jeep has speed liner(eliminates road noise) . I have minimum space between the tailgate and the sub box 3-4 inches..

Oh and i want it to be LOUD!!!! Don't care so much about SQ.. =D

:facepalm:

no on the cap

no on the box, not enough air and too high of tuning

no on using 8g ground(match it to the pos side)

if you run another amp and batt, youre going to need bigger wiring all around

Look into "the big 3" wiring upgrade

and do a custom box that is the proper size for 4 subs

:facepalm:no on the cap

no on the box, not enough air and too high of tuning

no on using 8g ground(match it to the pos side)

if you run another amp and batt, youre going to need bigger wiring all around

Look into "the big 3" wiring upgrade

and do a custom box that is the proper size for 4 subs
I was trying to take it one step at a time lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.