Help me decide please, buying amp tomorrow. AQ, CT, AA

love AQ but in love with ct knob... lol and they are good quality...
Seriously tho? A 99 cent voltmeter and an inaccurate clipping indicator is what sells this thing? It's a great amp, but that bass knob is about as important as its paint job.

Thanks for the input everyone.. I am pretty sure im going with the CT seeing as its only $100 more and seems quite a bit more beastly.The ct 4k is a upgraded RD D9, should put out a good amount more power and has the sick bass knob and prolly less thd.
Where is the CT only $700? I'd know someone who would be all over that... And where's the info on the CT being an upgraded D9? I must have missed that info... I was looking to grab to D9s but I got four of the new IA 20.1s while they were cheap. Oh well maybe I should've given CT a chance

But distortion is just a matter of gain setting. No amp "has distortion" it's what you set it to. Even a zapco can have 10% THD if you crank the gains way up. That's what an oscope or DD-1 is for. 1% THD is not audible as its barely distorted even on a ten thousand dollar oscope

Seriously tho? A 99 cent voltmeter and an inaccurate clipping indicator is what sells this thing? It's a great amp, but that bass knob is about as important as its paint job.
lol, that ain't what sells it, being a good amp is what sells it, but having a bonus clipping indicator and a voltage meter so i don't have to buy one and figure where to mount it is all bonus... speaking of paint though, my amp does have custom paint... lol

lol, that ain't what sells it, being a good amp is what sells it, but having a bonus clipping indicator and a voltage meter so i don't have to buy one and figure where to mount it is all bonus... speaking of paint though, my amp does have custom paint... lol
Voltmeters are everywhere, and the clipping indicator on pretty much every amp ever made is either leaving power on the table or letting you play square waves lol. Don't trust them.

ct sounds is 4k at 12.8 volts... and 5.5k at 14.4v, unless we are running higher voltage setups, i dont think the Soundqubed amp and the ct 4000.1 are in the same league. hence the massive price difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.