What amp for a JL W7 13.5?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sstumpf

Senior VIP Member
I am looking for a good amp to power my JL w7 13.5. I dont need to push it to its max. Just something that will run it good and efficiently. I know there is the JL 1000/1. But was hoping there was a cheaper option. Let me know what you guys think.

ok, That is really what im wanting. What are we talking cheap money? I dont have a very high budget right now. Just need something that will run one of these subs pretty good. Not in a huge hurry though. Haven't had it going since May.

[quote name='sstumpf']Ok, im going to be running 3 ohm. So would probably want to go with the 1800.1. Is this the one? Precision Power PPI BK1800.1D (BK18001D) 1800W RMS Mono Class D Black Ice Car Amp

I know you say it is a solid performer. just want to make sure, anyone else second this, Ive really never heard of the brand and want to put something in there that will last.[/QUOTE]
yup thats it ...they are great for.the money i run the ppi 4 channel series i love it ..i know @Jes 42; used to have one and @trumpet; knows his ppi stuff and can hook you up with one

Ok, im going to be running 3 ohm. So would probably want to go with the 1800.1. Is this the one? Precision Power PPI BK1800.1D (BK18001D) 1800W RMS Mono Class D Black Ice Car Amp
I know you say it is a solid performer. just want to make sure, anyone else second this, Ive really never heard of the brand and want to put something in there that will last.
i'd look for a jl 1000 slash series usually pop up here for around 200, don't like the jx, the p.p.i is a solid amp....

Ya, peoples recommended amps before and I always say that I have never heard of that, they say that in the 90s it was great stuff. Im not saying just because its not a well known brand now that its not good. I just dont want to be throwing walmart/best buy quality stuff in there.

Well a lot of people seem to be recommending the PPI. seems like it would be a solid amp.

looks like sonic electronics has a 1 year warranty on it, So I may just take my chances and try it out. Still just not sure, LOL. Again dont want crap in my truck that may not work for long, I know everyone has said it is a solid amp. The price on it just scares me. But how could I go wrong with a 1 year warranty? My last amp was a memphis that lasted me about 5 years, so that is what im coming from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.