Help me choose or recommend an amp please

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
You can look at US Acoustics Mike for $300 too. Sexy amp IMO. There’s tons of choices in that power range. What are you wanting to pay?

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
At a glance, they all look like solid amps. I like RF amps, but i think their punch/prime lines are cheap and don't equate them to their great amps. Same goes for Kicker. My vite is for the bigger Pioneer

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Yeah, of those I’d definitely do the US Acoustics Mike. I’m just not a big fan of crescendo. Budget helps though man. Let us know

Stabthrax

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 17, 2021
Las Vegas
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, of those I’d definitely do the US Acoustics Mike. I’m just not a big fan of crescendo. Budget helps though man. Let us know
I'm thinking around 300 more or less, but the US Acoustics Mike isn't in stock anywhere, I was dead set on Sundown SFB 1500, but I keep reading that these full bridge amps are very touchy when it comes to voltage and right now I'm hoping I can stay away from the extra battery, maybe it's too much for stock electrical either way and I might be wrong trying to stay away from it

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Ohio
At a glance, they all look like solid amps. I like RF amps, but i think their punch/prime lines are cheap and don't equate them to their great amps. Same goes for Kicker. My vite is for the bigger Pioneer
The Kicker cxa series are pretty decent, I'm running 3 in my current setup. That said, $300 for a 1200w mono is not quite the bang for your buck that I got with the smaller amps (4 channel 360 watts for $130 and the 800.1 for 170), I see no reason to grab that 1200.1 for that price. I don't know about the pioneers though. I've been loving their head units, but their amps have been letting me down (small sample size, 2 amps lol).

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
I’m surprised no one has said Taramps yet haha

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
I'm thinking around 300 more or less, but the US Acoustics Mike isn't in stock anywhere, I was dead set on Sundown SFB 1500, but I keep reading that these full bridge amps are very touchy when it comes to voltage and right now I'm hoping I can stay away from the extra battery, maybe it's too much for stock electrical either way and I might be wrong trying to stay away from it
It shows to be available in a month if you can wait that long. I’ll be hooking mine up very soon in my truck.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
The Sundown SFB is a good amp. As long as your head unit is 4 volts or less. Some of the Taramps full bridge amps only like 2 volts of input, so, they were sensitive that way. Where you at in Vegas? I'm close to Southern Highlands.

minicorndog

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jan 7, 2021
California
The Sundown SFB is a good amp. As long as your head unit is 4 volts or less. Some of the Taramps full bridge amps only like 2 volts of input, so, they were sensitive that way. Where you at in Vegas? I'm close to Southern Highlands.
can you hit up d4s in person or is it shipping only since you're near vegas?

Stabthrax

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 17, 2021
Las Vegas
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a Pioneer AVH 2300 NEX so 4v I believe, I'm on the east side, lamb and bonanza area

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days