Help me choose an amp for my Avalanche 15"

Defconx3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am looking for an amp for my Avalanche 15". I currently have narrowed my search down to two amplifiers.

Amplifier number 1: Power Acoustik 1000db : 800w @ 1 ohm

V.S.

Amplifier number 2: Hifonics Zeus zx7500 : 1000w @ 4 ohms bridged

Both of the amps listed above can be had for the exact same price. The things that are bothering me about the Power Acoustik is that it is only 800w. Other then that I am quite pleased with it, and for $160 brand new from Sound domain (with price match) it is quite a good deal, since it comes with a reliable warranty and all.

Then, we have the Hifonics zx7500. It is rated at 1000w @ 4-ohms bridged, but I am really wondering if it can deliver. It too is new, in box, but without a warranty. I like the fact that it is 1000w, I would like to not have to wonder how much louder the Avalanche would sound if I "had only bought the other amp". At the same time though I feel a little uneasy since there is no warranty and from what I hear Hifonics amps can sometimes be a hit or miss.

As of right now, I am leaning torward the Power Acoustik, but they are really neck and neck in my mind. I would be greatful to hear your guys' comments. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

how many ohm(s) is your subwoofer(s) ?

and hifonics zeus lineup is a/b style amps right? i would look into a Class-D, but thats just personal perference.

how about a DEI 1100D (older one)

maybe a 9.1

anything that does ~1000 watts @1 ohm will wang the hell out of the sub. but depending on the box, you may have to turn it down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.