Help me choose an amp for my Avalanche 15"

Alright guys, I was planning on running the zx7500 but my local supplier has ran out of them and they are now discontinued. So, on to the next choices.

The new choices I am trying to choose between are:

Ma Audio k1000D - 1000w @ 1 ohm - $184.99 (new)

Planet Audio P-1250D - 1250w @ 1 Ohm (max), 750w @ 2 ohm RMS - $159.50 (refurbished)

Planet Audio TT-1250D - 1250w @ 1 Ohm (max), 750w @ 2 ohm RMS - $159.50 (refurbished)

I would prefer planet audio over ma audio but in this case the PA's are referbished, yet they are quite a bargin for the price. Which would you choose, I seriously need an amp so please help me you guys. My avalanche 15 is sitting a few feet away from me, just giving me that "please, please give me POWER" look. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Where are you getting the PA's for that price?

Other than that, let me tell you that you don't need more than 1000 watts to get it going...my bx1000d is pushing it GREAT, actually I am trying to get rid of the amp and find something with a little less power because I don't need the excess current draw.

Efficient woofers, 800 Watts will get it kicking just fine.

Where are you getting the PA's for that price?
Other than that, let me tell you that you don't need more than 1000 watts to get it going...my bx1000d is pushing it GREAT, actually I am trying to get rid of the amp and find something with a little less power because I don't need the excess current draw.

Efficient woofers, 800 Watts will get it kicking just fine.
Hmm, as far as I know the PA's are underrated so maybe I will just use it at 2 ohms, should give me a solid ~800w. I'll let you know where im getting my PA at soon as have mine all purchased! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Hmm, out of the two PA's which would you get? The TT is mighty sexy, but the P is newer if I remember right.

Hmm, out of the two PA's which would you get? The TT is mighty sexy, but the P is newer if I remember right.
I am buying today, I need to know. Does anyone know? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.