Help me choose a Pioneer Deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

HydroCloud
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Maryland
DEH-P8MP, DEH-P860MP, DEH-P960MP

Ive had a Pioneer DEH-7700MP, it was pretty awesome, no problems with it at all except for the funny interface. I just want to know which you would choose. Lower price is better, but it isnt that big of a deal. Also, I wont be running and speakers directly with its built-in amp so its power ratings dont matter, Ill have a separate 4-channel amp to do that. Ive also heard that the 960s motorized face plate is pretty horrible and breaks alot. I really dont want to be sending it in for repairs, then again Im not too hard on my electronics. The more colorful 860/960s screen seems alot better than the P8s, and I heard that the 8 had a really bright screen at night even at the lowest setting of dimness. Im thinkin about going with the 860, just not too sure though. I know its alot of questions, but I just want to be sure of my purchase. Can someone help me please?

And do things like 24-bit burr brown/ 8x oversampling really even do much?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.