Help me build my system!

Participant count
  • Participant list

hballa

Hi there!

Long time lurker and I think I'm ready to install this **** thing. Tired of my stock radio in the 2013 Challenger srt8 so I want to change it all. Kinda stuck on what to get to outfit my car for good sound nothing crazy. For some odd reason I'm guessing aesthetics I want everything to be the same make and I choose Rockford Fosgate. Here is where I am at so far:

Avin headunit (want the android feel in the car)

sub: P3D4 12in

Components: 1675-2

rear deck 6x9: p1694

Amp: pbr300x4

Amp: 1001 bd

Any suggestions help I would like to keep in RF just because but I am willing to listen to other solutions especially ones the keep the cost down and sound great. I'm eager to here all of your takes on this system build!

I honestly dont care for any RF speakers or subs while they aren't terrible but A lot better can be had for the money.. The amps on the other hard are excellent amps. I think sundown would honestly be a great option. They have good amps good components and good subs. As for as the head unit. most brands sacrifice features and connectivity for sound processing. while i can't comment on that unit id highly suggest kenwood.

for the money its hard to beat the DDX6903S. excellent DACs and internals in general for the sound processing. which IMO matters more over connectivity of terrible sources. if your going to listen to 192 or 320k just go with the RF system if you really want to experience music as its meant to be go with the kenwood get some components that are built to sound transparent and get amps to match.

Hi there!
Long time lurker and I think I'm ready to install this **** thing. Tired of my stock radio in the 2013 Challenger srt8 so I want to change it all. Kinda stuck on what to get to outfit my car for good sound nothing crazy. For some odd reason I'm guessing aesthetics I want everything to be the same make and I choose Rockford Fosgate. Here is where I am at so far:

Avin headunit (want the android feel in the car)

sub: P3D4 12in

Components: 1675-2

rear deck 6x9: p1694

Amp: pbr300x4

Amp: 1001 bd

Any suggestions help I would like to keep in RF just because but I am willing to listen to other solutions especially ones the keep the cost down and sound great. I'm eager to here all of your takes on this system build!
Poor head unit choice, head units are the most important part next to quality of install. Dont trust those android wannabe head units, the sound from them is trash along with next to nothing with their sound tuning options.

Most double din head units have android mirrorlink so theres no reason to go with a crap unit for android capabilities.

Thanks for your input I have checked on some other companies like having a full sundown system or a full american bass system. How do those compare to rockford in terms of cost and performance?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.