Help me budget out my remaining car audio savings!

Participant count
  • Participant list

infowarrior45
10+ year member

So, I am mostly through getting the parts for my car audio. I already have the subs, sub amp, components, and wiring. I have about $500 left, and I need to know how I should spend this. I still have to get a speaker amp, but I'm not sure if I should spend all my money on this. So, I was thinking maybe a better battery (it's only 750 CCA), sound deadening, external equalizer, etc? What do you think? How much should I spend on the speaker amp vs these upgrades? SQ is the goal here, not SPL!

2 12" Treo SSi's

Kicker 1500.1

KnuKonceptz 0 and 4 gauge wiring kits (for sub and speaker amps)

Focal Polyglass 165VB's

Well if you're only amping the fronts get a nice quality 2ch, 75-125rms per channel, Deadner, Big 3 and maybe a batt in the back or just upgrade to a good one up front.. That should eat up 500.

What you're alt put out?

AT deadening on sale now I believe. prob approx 150 ish for 50ft 60mil.

prob spend 100-200 on a speaker amp.

Save the rest I guess, never been a huge fan of external xovers/eq but I guess spend the rest on that. you should be able to afford everything. I got my 4channel speaker amp for $80 100wrmsx4, but I'm guessing for a nice clean sq amp maybe 200$

Well as far as the amps go, I wanted a 4 channel amp, in case I decide to run some woofers in the rear. I was looking at a Zapco Reference 360.4 which would run be about $370. That would take most of the remaining budget up. I really didn't want to spend that much, but I heard that amp has a pretty pristine reputation. Also, maybe I should get some woofers for the rear?

Big 3 is already taken care of in 0 gauge wire. My alternator does 120amps.....I'm not really interested in a HO alternator. It'd be a PIA to get at it in my Jeep. The battery could definitely use an upgrade. Kicker told me I should ideally have 1500 CCA for that amp.

Sound deadener. I don't know if I need this. I am not precisely sure what the benefits of deadening are? Right now, the noise is minimal in my Jeep....I have no complaints really. I was going to buy some old Damplifier for a good deal on the classifieds here, but then I don't know if that's the best way to spend my budget.

My deck is ok....Pioneer P7200HD.

I was just curious how big ur alt was to see if you should just get a batt up front or another out back.

1500cca battery? Did you misunderstand?

I'm pretty sure you could find a 4ch of good quality for way under 370, even more if you don't mind buying used.

Deadner is essential when installing comps. You don't have to, but with all the money you spent/spending on the comp's/amp it would be retarded not to use any.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks. Yes, 1500cca...that's what Kicker told me. They say their "ideal" recommendation is 1 cca to each watt from the amp.

As far as the amps....I'd prefer to buy new, but I'd consider one used if it was a really great amp. I was looking at a SAX100.4...I might be able to get it some places for around $300. I want a really solid amp that's gonna last a long time, as well has have really low distortion/good sq. Not sure if the SAX100.4 fills that pretty well?

How many sq feet of deadener would be recommended? I was looking at getting some of the older version Damplifier from a member on the classifieds. He is selling them per 40 sq feet..not sure if I need that much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.