Help me bring a Limo into this decade

Keaster20

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm trying to help a friend who owns a fleet of limo bus's upgrade the head unit but I need some help, right now most are using a Pioneer DEH-P8300UB which I believe is from around 2010. This current deck has the IP BUS connection that is used for connecting a DVD player for audio input. I've been doing some research and it looks like the IP BUS is no longer apart of newer decks, So my question is, is there a deck out there that has rear panel audio input? Some people have suggested connecting to the front audio input. I don't want to go that route because a, it looks bad and b, this is a limo used for parties and drunk people and things can break. I have seen on some newer Pioneer deck a round 10 pin connection not sure that its for, maybe XM? correct me if I'm wrong.

So my question is, is there a deck out there that has rear panel audio input?
You can use a deck with RCA audio input, then patch it with an ip bus to RCA cable. You just run new RCA cable.
Screenshot_20230528-104230.png

Last edited:
Shouldn't something with a camera input be able to do that? With a splitter, you could set up multiple inputs.

IMO, 10 years ago, it was a little newer, but personally forget all that, and just connect it with bluetooth.
It might help the business, if they could offer that to the customer too, and give them the option of connecting their music from their phone. It SHOULD make the driver's job easier, that they just have to connect it, and not play DJ. (Once they are trained to use the equipment).

Are people even playing DVDs in your ride? You could run a longer cable (through the back, and hardwire connect to a flash drive) with a week's worth of video. Tell the customer, if they bring a flash drive / bluetooth you can hook it up in under a minute, and play their media.

If you're going to upgrade the main piece, you're going to make it a hassle on yourself, if you are trying to make it so that you have to be able to connect old tech. I hope this comes across as helpful as I'm hoping it does; I would highly suggest, you at least see what using (semi-)new technology can offer on ease of setup, ease of use for the driver, and options for the customer to improve the experience.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...