Display screen won't close on new pioneer AVH-X5800BHS

I have the same issue. I've searched everywhere. Does anyone have any insignt to what may be causing this? I also have performed a facotry reset on the unit.

Thanks

I have the same issue. I've searched everywhere. Does anyone have any insignt to what may be causing this? I also have performed a facotry reset on the unit.

Thanks
It's always best to start a new thread, but honestly not likely going to be many people with a fix. Could be a ribbon cable issue, that is a possibility with the motorized face radios. Maybe even just re-seating the ribbon, but this is not easy and risk damaging. I have an old Pioneer with a motorized face and had to repair the ribbon (I got it like this and do not remember the exact symptoms, but it did not work right), wasn't making good contact in the connector for the main board as a plastic piece that helped hold it down broke. It very well may be something else, and honestly, there is a low chance of anyone having a fix, but never know I guess.

You could try over at diyaudio in the car audio section, it is a more technical / repair oriented forum, still a low chance for help, but free to ask so doesn't hurt.

I would give Pioneer a call or send an Email to Tech Support. Im sure there may be a solution(As a FirmWare Update possibly?), or there may be an option for a warranty replacement from a manufacture defect?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...