Help. Lol

And my head unit is a kenwood kdc bt318u. But im looking into something else since this one is beyond crap
There is a lot wrong with your setup... The cap, The amp, the mix and match subs, the boxes attached on top of each other....... I would fix all those before the HU...

It's not really a "custom" box, but its the box that's made specifically made for the 2 rockford P3's from rockford. And right now i have a power line rated for 3000+ watts that i had made for my truck at my local audio shop in winchester, it has a 200amp fuse back to the 5000k series capacitor that im using. The amp and capacitor came together and like i said, it was kinda a crackhead deal. Guy told me 50 bucks for both amp and cap so i got them, hooked them up and used them for roughly 9 months. I bought the jl from a co-worker and he said the box for it is a labyrinth style box. I haven't had the speaker out of it to see for sure, but yes, it is ported. I honestly would like to keep both of them in my truck. And i dont mind spending the cash to make my set up work. But its like where in the hell do i begin? Should i run 2 amps on 2 sperate power feeds? Do i run a distribution block off my one line? I don't mind spending money but i don't wanna waste it on a set up that doesnt last.
That's too open ended... this IS car audio!... what's your budget?

It's not really a "custom" box, but its the box that's made specifically made for the 2 rockford P3's from rockford. And right now i have a power line rated for 3000+ watts that i had made for my truck at my local audio shop in winchester, it has a 200amp fuse back to the 5000k series capacitor that im using. The amp and capacitor came together and like i said, it was kinda a crackhead deal. Guy told me 50 bucks for both amp and cap so i got them, hooked them up and used them for roughly 9 months. I bought the jl from a co-worker and he said the box for it is a labyrinth style box. I haven't had the speaker out of it to see for sure, but yes, it is ported. I honestly would like to keep both of them in my truck. And i dont mind spending the cash to make my set up work. But its like where in the hell do i begin? Should i run 2 amps on 2 sperate power feeds? Do i run a distribution block off my one line? I don't mind spending money but i don't wanna waste it on a set up that doesnt last.
Everything is wrong. Your power wire is measured in thickness like 8 guage 4 gauge, 0 gauge etc...

Capacitor is garbage and does nothing for your setup. That so called 2000 watt amp is 200 actual watts at best, its not really a crackhead deal you actually paid too much for it because that stuff is beyond garbage.

You dont run different sized subs nor different brands nor different boxes because they cause phase cancellation aka different sound waves fighting eachother and are killing your bass performance.

Either sell the w7 or sell the p3s for a legit amp and gead unit.

Jvc x340bts would be a good budget head unit that performs as good as units costing double its price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.