HELP! Ive killed something!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Magpie

Sydney
Hi everyone,

Im new here and thank god this exists coz i have no idea what im doing.

Ok ive tried to simply swap out my headunits in my VK commodore, Unhooked the crappy sanyo one and wired in the new Pioneer DEH-P680MP in that i got off my mate.

Wired it in the same way, black to black, red to red, yellow to yellow etc etc.

It doesnt work, so i assumed he gave me a busted head so i went to wire the old one back in and now that doesnt work either?

Not even a flicker of power is getting to the head, ive checked all the fuses, the fuses on the heads etc. I chased the r/b/y wires back to the harness and cant see anything wrong, i dont get it?

Please please please can someone help me? the cars a piece of crap so i cant make it worse by not having music //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks everyone and hello again!

Magpie.

Checked all the fuses and they're fine.

I dont understand why this is happening, ive had 3 headunits wired into this thing in the exact same way, never had a problem, i wire this thing in and assume its dead, wire the old one in and no power to that either. I chased the black yellow and red back to this wiring harness which then ran back through the fire wall im assuming. I dont get why there's no power happening when the fuses are fine, the wiring seems fine, and all i did was unhooked the wires and connected them in the exact same way to another working headunit, now nothing works?

Please if anyone can suggest a way to fix this ill be forever happy! its killing me not having music //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.