help is appreciated.

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Recently blew my comp set (id ctx 65cs) and i need replacement speakers. I am a college student with only a part time job so i no longer have the money to spend on car audio. I wana just fix this and be done forever. Im in the process of saving money and will have close to $200 by next week to spend of a set of speakers. (just for front stage i have no rear stage). My only goal is loud and somewhat clear. I dont care about sound imaging/staging and all that. I just want loud mids and highs that are clearly heard over my sub stage. So should i just get a set of coaxials that can take some power or another set of comps or what? I jut dont know what to go with... will be run off a kicker zx550.2 amp.

you blew both woofers and both tweeters? is there anything you can reuse? or did you blow the crossovers and the speakers are fine?

how? that is important to determine so you don't destroy the next set. were your gains set to deliver clipped output? have you since turned your gains down?

$200 isn't going to buy you a pair of high power speakers that will take the abuse you will likely give them.

you will want a speaker with cooling built-in. that comes at a higher price. look in the classifieds section.

you blew both woofers and both tweeters? is there anything you can reuse? or did you blow the crossovers and the speakers are fine?
how? that is important to determine so you don't destroy the next set. were your gains set to deliver clipped output? have you since turned your gains down?

$200 isn't going to buy you a pair of high power speakers that will take the abuse you will likely give them.

you will want a speaker with cooling built-in. that comes at a higher price. look in the classifieds section.
Im not sure if its the crossover or the speakers that blew. Havnt had the time to invistagte much yet all i know is that both tweets stopped working at the same time and one of the 6.5s sounds distorted. Gain was close to half way up. I coudnt hear and distortion or nothing. HPF was at 100 hz. No bass boost/loud settings where turned on. I had it that way for about 6 months and all i was fine until one day a couple weeks ago they just blew. HU volume was on 35/50 when they blew.

While you had the ID's did you like them? Because those comps sound super clear and the ratings are so high everywhere i see them that im wondering why you wouldnt just buy the same set again specially considering how they are so affordable.

Yes cross-over can go bad, but if your tweeters stop working & one mid isn't working while the other one has distortion you could of blown your speakers.

That amp is rated at 205rms- 14volt per channel.

You say you the gains a little bit more then halve way up?

How long have you had those speakers?

If less then a year I would contact Image Dynamic for a warranty service.

If not you could look into a new comp set

The new JBL should be in your budget.

Please waste your money on CDT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.