!!!!@HELP in ChoosinG the Best HU@!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

kickyaazz

hi..im looking in buying a HU..and i was wondering what do you think..which one is the best from this 2:

JVC KD-R401

Pioneer DEH-2200UB

and i have 1 more question:

i saw that the jvc has 4X19 W RMS with THD below 1% and RMS Power Bandwidth: 40HZ - 20000HZ

and the pioneer has 4x22 w RMS with a tHD of 5%..and at 4x14 W RMS(all channles driven) has 1% THD

and the pioneer has a RMS Power Bandwidth : 50hz to 15000hz

this specs are from the manuals!

i dont know..maybe the pioneers specs are more accurate ..

SO which one should i choose.Thank You

Pioneer units used to be one of the best. I have one of the lower end UB-1200 or something ($70) unit laying around and its OK. Personally, I've always liked Eclipse, Kenwood, JVC, Alpine - in that order.

yea but...the output power..is almost the same? i've googled this hu too: eclipse cd3200 and it says that this has only 4x 14w RMS too (CEA -2006 compliant..dont know what this means. It says the same in the pioneer manual...14w X 4 at THD not more then 1% CEA -2006 compliant but in the JVC manual doesnt say anything about CEA -2006 compliant...it just says 4x19 W RMS wiht a THD of 1% MAX)

The CEA compliance was put in place to have a standardized form of testing. The amount of gross exaggeration and lies in the car audio world made it necessary to come up with a standard everyone is supposed to follow to make it equal.

That being said, you really wont hear a difference of 5W per channel. If you want it louder or sounding better, look into running at least a 50W RMS per channel amp to your speakers. Head units can't dissipate enough heat to handle more than about 20W per channel RMS. If you need more, you need an amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.