Help I Got A Problem With The Sound!

9 Breaker
10+ year member

i got a pioneer head unit dehp930, 2 12" momo sub, 2 rockford bd1000, and rockford 400.4 amp, and kicker crossover.

this annoying thing always happen when my engine was on and when my volume was at like zero.

when the volume is at zero you could hear an annoying noise like buzzing or something. (it is not the music).

always happen when the engine is on. i don't think its the engine. could it be the installation? or "bad grounding"?

please tell me how to fix it.

thanks!

there is a sound also when the engine is off and when i push the gas pedal a pitch noise occur.

It sounds like u have your signal lines running too close to your power line. try moving them apart if that dosent help play with your cross over and check all of your connections. hope this helps. take it easy.

if you rev your engine and the buzzing get louder with the engine turn the filter "on" on your amp that stops the voice from coming out of your subs, if it doesn't get louder w/ the engine, listen to the previous posts

I want to make a bet on this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I say that if he has the rca('s) and power cables running next to each other and he takes them apart so they each go on one side of the car he'll still have this problem.

This problem is "bad" grounding which can come out of several sides:

1. Bobine hood of battery charger (dynamo)

2. General (orginal) car grounding contains a lot of dirt

3. Amplifier generates the sound

Cleaning grounds is always a good thing, but if i was you i would just drive to any audio store and let them test your system when a LT2 (caliber) filter is placed on the RCA port that connect to your rockford-400, the sound will probally be gone then.

The LT2 filter is a "ground loop isolator" which will solve your troubled sounds but considering the equipment you got you probally dont want to go filtering, the bobine hood of the battery charger is most likely to be the real "bad sound" generator so you would have to check/replace that (bobine aint very pricey).

The LT2 filter will "destroy" sub functions if you got a amp thats connected from a amp that lies after the LT2 filter.

GL & peace

Editted: Option 3 is not likely to occur on a rockford amplifier, i heard it once on a low-budget marquant amplifier which generated this sound, after putting in a PG at that place the sound was totally gone.

i found out whats causing the noise and engine noise.

The head unit was not grounded right! everything else was ok.

if i know that then i dont have to spend $200 on a new good rca cable.

dont ever install your audio at good guys! they tend to screw up everything!

Originally posted by beastyle I want to make a bet on this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I say that if he has the rca('s) and power cables running next to each other and he takes them apart so they each go on one side of the car he'll still have this problem.

This problem is "bad" grounding which can come out of several sides:

1. Bobine hood of battery charger (dynamo)

2. General (orginal) car grounding contains a lot of dirt

3. Amplifier generates the sound

Cleaning grounds is always a good thing, but if i was you i would just drive to any audio store and let them test your system when a LT2 (caliber) filter is placed on the RCA port that connect to your rockford-400, the sound will probally be gone then.

The LT2 filter is a "ground loop isolator" which will solve your troubled sounds but considering the equipment you got you probally dont want to go filtering, the bobine hood of the battery charger is most likely to be the real "bad sound" generator so you would have to check/replace that (bobine aint very pricey).

The LT2 filter will "destroy" sub functions if you got a amp thats connected from a amp that lies after the LT2 filter.

GL & peace

Editted: Option 3 is not likely to occur on a rockford amplifier, i heard it once on a low-budget marquant amplifier which generated this sound, after putting in a PG at that place the sound was totally gone.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.