help, HT sub firing direction, cornerload or downfiring?

Supergumby5000
5,000+ posts

Project: F350 begins...
Pullman, WA
Just looking for reference on the better way to load a subwoofer for my home stereo project.

Box will be ported, this is for a single 12" setup (12" Eduh EQHS).

What do you guys think? downfiring with port to the side, or sub and port on same side, cornerloading off the wall?

Just looking for reference on the better way to load a subwoofer for my home stereo project.
Box will be ported, this is for a single 12" setup (12" Eduh EQHS).

What do you guys think? downfiring with port to the side, or sub and port on same side, cornerloading off the wall?
sub and port on the same plane gets my vote. There are articles about loading and output and corner loading would yield the most output. Do you plan to tune the enclosure to use the corner loading? My old JBL's had a recommended distance from the wall for best output.

sub and port on the same plane gets my vote. There are articles about loading and output and corner loading would yield the most output. Do you plan to tune the enclosure to use the corner loading? My old JBL's had a recommended distance from the wall for best output.
Do you know where i could get some more info on this?

I was just going to build a basic ported box, tuned for daily music listening. home stereo is still fairly new to me.

I have two 10" Premiers with subs/port on the same plane facing a corner on the far side of my room. It's tuned low, 25 Hz. Sounds flat and shakes the whole house off little power. I always heard to tune low and experiment with distances and placement.

Do you know where i could get some more info on this?
I was just going to build a basic ported box, tuned for daily music listening. home stereo is still fairly new to me.
They were the old Flagship JBL-L7 towers. There may be a manual online somewhere.

My current HT sub is a Dayton Quatro 12" rear-facing with the port also rear-facing. It doesn't need more than 60 watts.

FYIl......firing against a wall does not equal corner loading. And unless you plan to use a RS SPL meter to test placement options just build whatever suites you and is easiest.

either tune up in the 20's or do sealed if this is primarily for music...
that low? I keep getting mixed reviews on what tuning should be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Some have been telling me mid 30's, others have been saying 20's

aahhh, which is it?

you won't get the bottom end boost in a house like you do in a car. High 20's should be very musical.

You could check hometheatershack for some possible builds with that sub.

that low? I keep getting mixed reviews on what tuning should be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Some have been telling me mid 30's, others have been saying 20's

aahhh, which is it?
for HT go in the 20's

hell....I went in the mid 20's in my auto:D

Mine is sealed in the corner and gets plenty loud. I didn't find the need to port later. However, I do not play any music on it. Explosions are probably easier to handle than music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.