Help going crazy :)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Yankees27

I have a 2003 Dodge Durango and I decided to put a Pioneer Avx-P7000CD with the Avm-P7000R brain. It is all hooked up. but I keep getting a message that says cant use while driving. The parking brake is on and car is in park. I can get audio but nothing else. The wires were cut from Durango side and I cant get memory to stay on either. There are two pink with black wires which I am not sure of either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not trying to insult your intellegence, but did you hook the green parking wire from the HU into the e-brake wire on the vehicle? Some people attempt to bypass this by grounding it directly but Pioneer requires adelayed ground which means it cant ground until after the unit has powered up. As for finding a constant, your best bet is to get a DMM and test. Constant 12V are generally a lower guage than the other wires so it should narrow it down some.

The parking brake can be bypassed by using a relay hooked to ground and the blue amp power wire. There are numerous videos online that show how it can be done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.