Help getting sub

My uncle has an amplifier that it's Max RMS is 250*watts x 2*channels @2 ohms and I want to get him a subwoofer 10" or 12". I need the best and cheapest option for that power and that also perform good in a small enclosure due to small trunk space. (Used in perfect condition is an option).
Thank you.
I know these arent tossed around a lot but they do sound nice in real life in a sealed box produces a good amount of volume for what it is. NVX NSW104 10" Dual 4 ohm N-Series Car Subwoofer (NSW 104)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_42404_NVX-NSW124.html

If you are looking a new sub in that price range, hands down would have to be the Soundcubed HDS312 . Very loud with very good sq in a ported box. 139 shipped advertised on this site and many others. Good luck.

If you are looking a new sub in that price range, hands down would have to be the Soundcubed HDS312 . Very loud with very good sq in a ported box. 139 shipped advertised on this site and many others. Good luck.
Wow, this one looks very good and tempting

Really? The alpines are rated at 1000 rms and the dcon is only 400 rms
my bad, i didn't know why i saw type S instead of type R. They are okay, but you did say you only had 250x2 rms to work with, a fully powered sub will sound better then an under powered sub if both were stuck in a small enclosure.

my bad, i didn't know why i saw type S instead of type R. They are okay, but you did say you only had 250x2 rms to work with, a fully powered sub will sound better then an under powered sub if both were stuck in a small enclosure.
no problem, but I also ended up changing amplifier, now I have a 1000 rms for a dual 2ohm sub, any other recommendation?

Type S arent that loud at all. Dcons will bump a lot harder if both subs were in ideal boxes.
type r woofers arent bad and ive heard plenty of type r's and for the money they are not a bad choice as far as mainsteam stuff goes. if you were willing to raise the budget a bit i have a buddy that has a mint alpine type x he is willing to sell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.