Help!!!! Fml

Mr.meyhem
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
just spent 10 hours wiring up my 09 honda civic. (hardest car to take apart EVER!!!!)

I put in new comps and a sub plus a LOC. but now when I'm driving the sound will cut out for long periods of time. but when i tap the break it will sometimes flick back on. I've checked all my connections. the amp still says it has power when the sound flick off. and i only have the sub running right now but i lose all sound. No idea what is causing this to happen.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

10 hours of wiring for a faulty system doesn't make a person happy... lol.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

kept factory deck. beginning to think i spliced something wrong or the rca's r pulling on something behind my deck. ill double check run runs. but nothing looked like it was pinching. and it works perfectly fine when I'm in park.

bet you wired you remote wire to the brakes. move it to an ignition fuse and check it shoudnt take but a second to do also what kinda loc did you use? ifyou had on that needed a remote wire itself u mayhave wirethat wire to the wrong fuse

its an audio pipe. i was going to use my pac i just got but that only had 2 rca's. i needed 4. so i picked one up from a local shop here in town. it was $30

check your stuff with a multi meter, im betting your honda has the eld system which only lets the alt charge some of the time. one of which is when your hitting the breaks,

what exactly are you running amp wise, and have you done any electrical upgrades?

no eletrical upgrades yet. putting in a big 3 upgrade with 2/0 welding wire tho. i had a fusion active wedge in before with no issues.

Im running an apsm 1300 and a cadence 250.2 for amps

if this is your first time I would keep trying to figure it out

the next install you do will be that much faster because you learned from your mistakes

sure I have blown fuses and a few head units from acting a fool. But I sure have saved thousands by building my own sub boxes, installing subs, etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.