Help finding specifications

Participant count
  • Participant list

darkbreeze

New member, what's up. Thanks in advance, in case I forget to say it later.

Anyhow, trying to figure the math on some tweaking of a sub enclosure and due to going from a pair of entry level JL Audio 12's to a pair of Kicker compR 12's. Model is 40CWR122 and I've looked everywhere I can think of, including pages of Google results, the model specific product manual and a slew of forum posts, but I cannot find a single mention of the unit displacement for these subs so I can factor them into the internal sq footage calculator to apply to my tuning. Anybody have any idea what the specifics on displacement are for these subs?

BTW, if I've asked something stupid, that's ok too, I'm a long time automotive tech and I get asked stupid crap all the time. I let it slide. You can too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Open to recommendations as well and I don't know how you all feel about the Torres calculator, but I have the data text file to plugin to that if you want to see if anything jumps out at you. I think I have it almost pegged, with a single box that has separate chambers, one for each sub, each chamber consisting of

Gross volume: 2.2 ft3

Net volume: 2.11 ft3

Port length: 11.5"

Port size: 4" PVC

Port volume: .09 ft3

Port area: 12.56 in2

Tuning frequency: 33.34Hz

But I'm not 110% certain those are an accurate assessment as there are a few things such as port wall thickness of .237 x port length (4" PVC) that are or are not being taken into account. I've got them plugged into Torres but I don't see any change in the resulting tuning frequency with or without the port thickness specs and number of common port walls.

Each sub chamber has an inside dimension of 14.5" x 17 1/2" x 15". Outside dimension of 16.5 (H) x 19 (W) x 16 (D) using 3/4" MDF. Distance to back wall from end of port is 4".

Mostly I'm just looking for the sub displacement, but I know when to take advice, so I'm certainly open to any offered by experienced enclosure builders. Thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.