Help Finding 12 inch sub.

Flamingsword360

Alabama
I have a 94 Ford F-150 And Im going to put one 12" sub in it but I only have room for a 12" with a max mounting depth of 6.5" inch's. I already have a amp that will do around 900RMS. So i was thinking about a RF P3 12 or a alpine type r 12 5th gen. But im not sure I don't want to spend more than $140 on a sub. Thanks for the advice.

too bad you didn't have just about another inch and a half cuz you could have fit in a Fi Q12. I ordered one about 20 days ago and should be getting it next week, and I know the wait will have been worth it. You might still be able to use one if you can get 7" out of your space.

Sorry, didn't see your budget of 140.00, in that case you want a Sundown sd12. It's the shallow version of the sa12 and are more comfortable in a sealed box. I think if you put 900rms on them they'd smile real big for ya. They are rated at 500 or 400 I thinks, but they take 900rms. But more than likely you won't put out a full 900rms all the time, maybe just in bursts. Anywayz, that's my 2cents. Good luck.

'

Ok but were can I buy the sundown SD12? For $ 140 $150?? And I don't think I would want to run it at 900rms more like 600rms I cant afford to just replace a sub when it blows not to be rude. I have thought about getting a SD-12. I just thought the Alpine or RF would be better because the alpine has 20mm Xmax one way but the sundown only has 12mm. Im still kinda new to car audio so Im just asking to see what people recommend. What I will say is that I just might have 7" of mounting depth but Im not sure. Im building a angled box that's has a Top depth of 6.5" and a bottom depth of 8.5". Thanks, I just might go with the SD-12 depending on if i can get it for like $150.

I have a 94 Ford F-150 And Im going to put one 12" sub in it but I only have room for a 12" with a max mounting depth of 6.5" inch's. I already have a amp that will do around 900RMS. So i was thinking about a RF P3 12 or a alpine type r 12 5th gen. But im not sure I don't want to spend more than $140 on a sub. Thanks for the advice.
You have several options that should work or you. Personally I would take the Type R over the Rockford.

Or you could look at two options from Ground Zero.

The GZRW 300X. That sub has to be in a ported enclosure.

Another option from Ground Zero is the GZRQ 12D2. Not sure why it is linking as a GXRQ, its the GZRW 12. It has 25mm xmax, rated for 800 watts rms.

That sub can be in either a sealed or ported enclosure. Both subs have a higher sensitivity rating than either the Rockford or Alpine

They are both a little higher than your 140.00 price range. Let me know if you are interested in more info on either one.

In our sub forum, there is a video of the GZRW 12 being powered by a 4K. Is worth a watch.

Regards

Brandon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.