Is this normal for a brand new sub?

LOL. Consider if you wanted to have 1000 comparable sized subs built in the USA with American made parts and American labor you'd pay more per piece than the MSRP of these things coming out of China. Yeah, there's a reason you get these so cheap. I'd also be interested to know what grade steel and ceramic is used.

If it makes you feel better, I'm sure the 10 year old slave girl that made that one didn't get her pound of rice payment that day.

Ok that made me laugh^^^^ but I do agree no matter where they are made they should arrive looking new. Then again if it was me id probably just use it. They are cheap already

that just shows not attention to detail. who in qc would let that go? horrible showing for any company. glue in excess and scratched but fixed with a sharpie..why not spray paint? its all in the details. i agree, a cheap driver. we will see..i will for sure keep this picture and ask about returns if i think about them again.

The glue is normal, the chipped magnet and sharpied basket I would be pissed about. I got a hdc3 from them (2-3 years ago) that had a lil extra glue but not bad.. The magnets aren't usually perfectly lined up either.

Small chips on magnets can be found on any manufactures motors and are not considered defects nor do they degrade the performance of the subwoofer. The sub is designed with a magnet boot and comes with a boot. This subwoofer has a very heavy motor and we insist that the glue be applied generously to prevent magnet shifting. I do agree that the surplus glue could have been cleaned off the outside of the magnet surface even though it is covered by the magnet boot.

My biggest concern is the scratch on the basket. I don't know who marked the scratch on the basket with the "sharpie". If the scratch was detected and marked while undergoing "QC" it should have been replaced. If the customer found the scratch and marked it with the "Sharpie" it simply means we missed it on our "QC" prior to shipping which can and does happen now and then when you ship 1000s of subs like we do. We do a power and rub test on each sub before shipping and look the sub over for cosmetic defects but sometimes a small scratch can get by.

While the subwoofer in question is a perfectly functioning sub I am not in the business of shipping products with defects of ANY KIND. I have instructed our sales people to contact the customer and arrange for a replacement sub or a refund. I appreciate everyone's business and rest assured I will discuss this issue with the appropriate persons.

that just shows not attention to detail. who in qc would let that go? horrible showing for any company. glue in excess and scratched but fixed with a sharpie..why not spray paint? its all in the details. i agree, a cheap driver. we will see..i will for sure keep this picture and ask about returns if i think about them again.
you speak as if every sub they put out has this problem lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.