Help Expand My Library

Here are some I can think of off the top of my head...

If you like Jet, you'd also like the Arctic Monkeys and the Fratellis.

If you like Massive Attack, you'll like Blackfilm, Ewun, Future Prophecies, Soman, and Technical Itch.

As for the Crystal Method, you'll probably also like The Freestylers, Junkie XL, Overseer, Pendulum, The Prodigy, Propellerheads (guys who did the matrix theme song),

If you like Tonic, you'll also like Oasis and Cracker.

If you like KT Tunstall you'll probably like Lily Allen and maybe The Submarines.

You might as well get some Queens of the Stone Age. Also, Thievery Corporation is a must have for any music collection.

Springsteen - The River (classic Boss...his best album, in my opinion)

The Who - Quadrophenia (my fave Who album)

Eric Johnson - Ah, Via Musicom (one of my fave guitarists...this album is exceptional pop rock and folk)

Between the Buried and Me - Colors (extremely progressive metal...basically everything from bluegrass to math metal)

Joanna Newsom - Ys (one of the best albums of `06...fantastic folk album)

Justice - The Planisphere (dirty French electronic music that is good for a party)

M83 - Saturdays = Youth (new album, indie pop)

Brazil - A Hostage and the Meaning of Life (one of my first non-mainstream loves)

Elliott Smith - Either Or (one of the best acoustic artists in the last 20 years)

Pinback - Blue Screen Life

And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead - Source Tags & Codes

Jesse Cook - Montreal (a Nuevo Flamenco guitarist with excellent skill playing a great live show)

of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer (amazingly diverse pop album about struggling through depression

Steely Dan - Aja (their best album, in my opinion)

Fleetwood Mac - Rumors (some of the best classic rock ever)

Derek and the Dominos - Layla and other Assorted Love Songs (a Clapton must-have)

I`m sure there are some others, but I would consider that a bare minimum. I could not live without these albums after having heard them.

Also...is that a Tool album I see in there? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Yes it is... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

I was dating this girl in high school and a bought it for her but never gave it to her for personal reasons so it sits in my library now.

You gotta come over sometime man for some listening, decide what you like outta my collection, and then I can either get you the FLAC or you can consider getting a hardcopy.
nG

Yes Sir you are correct.

Thanks to everyone for the input so far. I've got some listening to do now to figure out what I like out of all of it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif

If you like Portishead at all, download their newest album Third. I think it is their best and, according to averaged rankings in music magazines and websites, it was the best album of 2008 (I don`t think it was the best of `08, but it was **** good).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.